X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maxi
    • May 2009

RB 1080 needs surgery, doctor...

Hi all,

I hope you can help. My RB 1080 switches on and looks fine until I try to play anything. The left channel is dead silent, and the right makes strange clicking and popping noises. The higher the volume, the louder the clicks and pops. Any electronics genii in our midst please help me troubleshoot, diagnose and fix it.

Thanks,
    Maxi
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

If you do some research on this forum you will find the RB-1080 has a history of failures, if it is under warranty I'd suggest you get it fixed then sell it on Ebay as it will happen again outside of warranty. The RB-1080 is not fit for service and should of never made it to production. Other Rotel amps have a much better reliability.

I had the left channel failure 3 times before Rotel eventiually replaced it with a modified new unit. Rotel assured me that it would not re-occur, I'd since upgraded to a better amp, about 6 months later the new owner contacted me to say it had happend again with the modified new unit. !!!!

JDH.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Mig17
      • Jan 2008

We should give the Rotel President Mike Barlet a canon shot

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"