X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

Rc 1090

i have a chance to get a rc 1090 on the cheap. what are your thoughts on this preamp. Is it transparent, warm, or is it any good at all. Its used and is a few years old, but it works with no problems. I also have a chance to get the amp...1080, cd changer 1055, and tuner. Is the cd changer any good? is it bright and big in the bottom end, or is this stuff any good? I have a chance to get the whole lot for 300 bucks. its all about 8years old.

Thanks.
    Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

rantzmar,

If all that is only $300 and they are working, that's a great deal. The 1090 is a very good pre-amp. And the 1080 amp will drive most any speaker very well. I am still using a predecessor to the 1055 CD changer. Mine sounds very good. Good dynamics and details. Rotel makes good products that perform very well and they do last.

I didn't think the 10 series was that old. It was just replaced by the 15 series.

This package would make a very good 2 channel system.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

For $300.00 that is a steal (provided it is all in working condition)!! The RC-1090 is a very good preamp. With the wrong speakers it can sound a little too laid back for some. The RB-1080 is wonderful sounding and the CD changer is very good. It doesn't sound as good as the RCD-1072 single disc but it's very close. Again, for $300.00 that is a steal.

Eric

Comment

• rantzmar
        • May 2009

yes..for only 300 bucks. I did see the amp alone cost about 1000 bucks new so I think I will hop on it. What speakers do you recommend? I know many here use b&w but what other brands would you recommend that are not a bright speaker. I listen to JAZZ AND SOME. CLASSICAL. Thanks for your reply.
        Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.

Comment

• rantzmar
          • May 2009

Originally posted by htsteve
          rantzmar,

If all that is only $300 and they are working, that's a great deal. The 1090 is a very good pre-amp. And the 1080 amp will drive most any speaker very well. I am still using a predecessor to the 1055 CD changer. Mine sounds very good. Good dynamics and details. Rotel makes good products that perform very well and they do last.

I didn't think the 10 series was that old. It was just replaced by the 15 series.

This package would make a very good 2 channel system.

Hope this helps.
          Thanks..I do plan on useing it in a two channel system.
          Two Channel Room

Comment

• rantzmar
            • May 2009

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            For $300.00 that is a steal (provided it is all in working condition)!! The RC-1090 is a very good preamp. With the wrong speakers it can sound a little too laid back for some. The RB-1080 is wonderful sounding and the CD changer is very good. It doesn't sound as good as the RCD-1072 single disc but it's very close. Again, for $300.00 that is a steal.

Eric
            Any other speakers you would recommend other than b&w? Just trying to get some perspective on Rotel. I've used Marantz and Adcom, Paradigm and some other gear, but never Rotel. Thanks.
            Two Channel Room

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"