X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

rotel RC 1090

I bought the Rotel package RB 1080, RC 1090, RCC 1055 CD changer, and tuner RT 961 for 300 bucks, but the RC 1090 is missing the remote control. Where could I get a replacement from? OR could I just get a universal remote? Thanks

Rantzmar
    Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

i use a harmony remote with my system and it works great. RC-1082, RCD-1072, RB-1080. plasma, pvr, dvd. the harmony is great b/c you press "watch tv" button (for example) and it turns on the pvr, pre amp, tv. then sets all the inputs for you. its great. especially if you have guests over its easy for them to use your system b/c you dont have 10 remotes sitting on the table. look into it, heres a direct link to there website. a good remote is somewhere in the region of 100 - 150. its worth it though

Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by rantzmar
      I bought the Rotel package RB 1080, RC 1090, RCC 1055 CD changer, and tuner RT 961 for 300 bucks, but the RC 1090 is missing the remote control. Where could I get a replacement from? OR could I just get a universal remote? Thanks

Rantzmar

$300!?!?!? Heck , with the cash you saved , you can hire someone to turn it on for you for a few weeks... Nice score. Congrats!
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

Where did you score that deal at? heck, at that price I would not worry about a remote.

Comment

• rantzmar
          • May 2009

Thanks BWLover, I scored a Harmony 550.

Miner, I got it a local Pawn shop. IT had a price tag of $600 bucks when I went in, by the time I came out, I had it for $300 bucks with the Monster interconnects. I got lucky. The only thing is The CDP seems to be a tad more in your face than what I like. I run Marantz CDP's and SACDP's, and the Rotel RCC 1050 is a bit more forceful and not as defined in the mids as the Marantz. I'm pushing the Rotel through Paradigm Monitor 7 v3's that I borrowed from my Hometheater just to see what it sounds like... I'm still trying to decide on what is the right speaker for the Rotel system. Any advice?

Rantzmar
          Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

I am using Dynaudio Audience 52SE in one sytem and B&W N804 in another sytem. Bothe sound very elegant. The Dynaudio's are very goor fo what i paid ($700). You might look at the B&W 600 series (683, etc). They have gotten very good reviews. I have hte RCC-1050 and RC1-072, and I do not experience the forward sound you describe.

Comment

• rantzmar
              • May 2009

question...which would be better on the rotel...the balanced or unbalanced connections?
              Two Channel Room

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

What amp? Rotel's amp's aren't truly balanced so in that case it wouldn't matter.

Kevin D.
                Last edited by Kevin D; 30 May 2009, 09:25 Saturday.

Comment

• Zoran
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
                  What amp? Rotel's amp's are truly balanced so in that case it wouldn't matter.

Kevin D.

Kevin, tell us please which Rotel amp is "truly balanced"..?? My RB-1090 is only pseudo-balanced, unfortunately..

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Sorry, left out a "n't". Fixed.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"