X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keytrnr
    • Jan 2008

Rotel settings

Any of you have any advice for settings to get the most of my B&W 700's (5.1), Rotel 1068, 1095? I'm toying around a bit, and I know most of you are very knowledgeable. Do I have to use RCA jacks to get analog 2ch for example, or can it pass through the optical connection? I have the sub crossover set at 80hz, with a ASW600 sub. I was at 40hz now the sub seems much more alive. 8O
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

What model 700's?

Kevin D.

Comment

• keytrnr
      • Jan 2008

703's, 705's, HTM7.

Comment

• kmcheng
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by keytrnr
        Any of you have any advice for settings to get the most of my B&W 700's (5.1), Rotel 1068, 1095? I'm toying around a bit, and I know most of you are very knowledgeable. Do I have to use RCA jacks to get analog 2ch for example, or can it pass through the optical connection? I have the sub crossover set at 80hz, with a ASW600 sub. I was at 40hz now the sub seems much more alive. 8O
        It all depends on what your source components are. For example, if your CD player has a better DAC than the one inside the 1068, then you would want to connect the two pieces by 2 channel analog via "direct in". On the other hand, if your CD player is only a transport and has no DAC, then you have to connect by optical.

Since you have a subwoofer, you will most likely connect the player with the processor via optical. That way you can let the processor distribute the signals and maintain a single digital to analog conversion.

As for calibrating the subwoofer, that is a whole other level of complexity. In theory, you can just use an SPL meter. In practice, it took me quite a while to get it right for my tastes.

Comment

• Isaac
          • Jan 2006

Because you have more of a HT setup use the digital connection from the DVD player to the processor (pre amp). Even though your front speakers can produce some of the low end frequencies, it's better to let the speakers that are desinged to handle the low end frequences like the subwoofer do its job. Set the Crossover in the Rotel 1068 to 80hz. Turn the crossover on the actual subwoofer all the way up or set it to bypass (if available). You dont want multiple crossovers in the loop.

Comment

• keytrnr
            • Jan 2008

Ok, thanks for the info.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Similar setup to what I have in the older CDM line. I've found that setting the fronts to 60hz and all others (including sub) to 80hz gives me the best sound.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
                Similar setup to what I have in the older CDM line.

Kevin D.
                Forgive my poor memory Kevin, but do you have 9NTs?

Nigel.

Comment

• keytrnr
                  • Jan 2008

thx kevin, I'll give that a try.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by bigburner
                    Forgive my poor memory Kevin, but do you have 9NTs?

Nigel.
                    Yes, 9NT's front, 1NT's rear, Sig 7's center rear... Still waiting for an HTM1N or HTM3 to match for my center.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"