X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AudioDude
    • Jan 2009

Rsp-1570 Firmeware news?

Hello,
    Anyone have any news on any new firmeware updates for the rsp-1570?
  • Alfred
    • Apr 2009

I wrote a mail to Rotel NA on Friday. It seems that this is the only way until they publish the firmware on the homepage. But you can read in this forum, that there are different versions available. I'll post the answer from Rotel.

Regards,
    Alfred

Comment

• Alfred
      • Apr 2009

How fast or slow is the Rotel NA support? I wrote my mail last friday, but I got no answer. The German support is a little bit behind with technical informations or firmware updates, but I get a answer within 24-48 h.

Regards,
      Alfred

Comment

• pixeljedi
        • Apr 2009

I too have been writing Rotel about this and have not heard any response. After no response from email, I called them today and left a message for someone to call me back. So hopefully they will get back to me soon. I have the 1560 and the 3s audio delay issue is... tiring, to say the least

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

If anyone has any issues getting a response, PM and I'll see what I can do.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Alfred
            • Apr 2009

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your offer to help in that case. Did you know the standard reaction time for mail requests? I think it's sad that I got no answer for almost two weeks.

Regards,
            Alfred

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Kevin, I think we're *all* getting frustrated by the lack of response (over several threads), and knowing that you've happily updated your 1570 just rubs salt into the wounds. I understand Rotels position of not wanting to post firmware for fear of people bricking their equipment, but most of us here are tech savvy with 1570's experiencing the same version 1 firmware issues, and its dragging on too long. Hopefully something will happen soon.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• B&W_Group_Fan
                • Sep 2008

Not sure how Rotel deals with end users versus their dealers. Last week, I asked my dealer for the update and had it within a matter of hours.
                HT
                Rotel RSX-1560
                B&W Signature 7NT (x6) | B&W FPM6 (center) | Velodyne MiniVee
                Panasonic TH-46PZ800U | Panasonic DMP-BD55
                Apple TV

Kitchen / Dining
                Rotel RB-1510 (RSX-1560 providing source)
                B&W CCM 65 (x4)

Control
                URC MX-880 w/ MRF-350

Comment

• Minus4
                  • Jan 2008

Hello all just like you I've been waiting for an update from rotel and Sunday my local dealer calls me up with the news that he has the latest update from Rotel and he would email to me to try out, so all those folks in the Houston area your local Modia should have it. but be warned although it fixed some things it also broke some things in my system anyway.

Larry

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by mjb
                    Kevin, I think we're *all* getting frustrated by the lack of response (over several threads), and knowing that you've happily updated your 1570 just rubs salt into the wounds.
                    For those that don't know, the company I work for is a Rotel dealer. Rotel NA tries very hard to have their dealers support the product as much as possible. I'm not rubbing salt in any wound, I would hope it would be easy for a dealer to get access to the firmware.

Anyone in North America who's dealer says they can't get the update is not trying at all to get it.

For those outside of North America, keep in mind that B&W Group USA is just a distributor of Rotel with provisions to handle support and service for North America. They are not Rotel, they are not Rotel Europe, and they don't change the firmware. Any issues found are sent to the factory in Japan. They don't have an inherent obligation to send the firmware to non-dealers and they really don't have to do anything with non-NA customers.

I'm sorry if a particular country or distributor support is lacking, but Rotel NA does not have to help. For those in North America, please use your dealer support to pursue the update. If your NA dealer is no help then email or call Rotel and let them know.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                      • May 2003

I hear ya, Kev!
                      I'm waiting for them to set you up with a reliable/upgraded/fully functional FW.
                      By all means, keep up the updates and let us know how you're doing over there.

If Kevin seems reluctant to relay his somewhat 'beta' FW revisions, rest assured, he probably can't. I'm thinking he's offered himself as a tester and is doing his best to help document and solve the existing problems.

Although Kev might be dealing Rotel, he remains only a step or 2 closer to Rotel, than us enthusiasts. As an enthusiast himself, I'm sure he feels conflicted.
                      and no, he's not rubbing salt into anyone's wounds.

Anyone who's ever dealt with an NDA, can probably relate.
                      I, for one, am glad he's looking out. I'm respectfully awaiting his final verdict.
                      I'm watching this stuff, 'cause I NEED that 1575 in my rack. And nothing would please me more than matching it to a fully functional 1570. Hope it happens.
                      Last edited by Leef DaLucky; 20 April 2009, 22:39 Monday.
                      "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
                      -Dark Helmet

Comment

• keytrnr
                        • Jan 2008

About a year ago I was emailing back and forth with Rotel. I got responses within several hours, sometimes minutes. Last week I emailed and still haven't heard back. The issue is resolved, but I don't know what they're doing up there these days.

Comment

• Alfred
                          • Apr 2009

Yes Kevin, you're totally right. The Rotel NA support is really not responsible for Europe. But they could send a (preconfigured) response like "We apologize...please ask your lokal dealer or your regional support...".
                          I thought that the NA support is getting information and firmware updates earlier. Therfore I sent my matter to the NA support.

But I'm wondering about the firmware versions. You mentioned that version 1.1.6 camed out. For me as a software engineer it doesn't sound like a beta version. There is also a half year of development between the initial firmware 1.1.1 and the newest 1.1.6.

So let's wait for the official version 1.2.0 or whatever they will use as release number.

Regards,
                          Alfred

Comment

• Tuddy
                            • Jan 2008

IMHO, the product should be more "polished", to quote another HTGuide member.

I have the 1095 and was hoping the 1570 would only have some minor issues, as to be expected with many new products but the 1570 has too many bugs.

Again, just my opinion.

I am sure the FW will address many if not all the issues with the unit but at this price point I can't accept these hiccups.

Gonna audition 2 other pre's that I hope have a warm / neutral sound like Rotel.

Best,

Tuddy

Comment

• tpirovol
                              • Dec 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have been working with Rotel for the past couple of weeks tweeking out the bugs. The problem is that Rotel is worried that people might kill or damage there units since there is now 3 versions of firmware that needs to be applied to the reciever. If you are currently on V1.1.2 and V1.1 or V1.0 then you dont have many updates for right now. I cannot say for sure but I am assuming Rotel is working there way up to V1.2.0 then releasing it GA with a bunch of fixes small and large.

I unfortunitly cannot provide the firmware but if you contact your dealer he can have it very quickly as that is how I started of getting them. I do not work for Rotel or a dealer I am consumer like you that wanted my bugs fixed.

If you are experiencing some issues please post them in this topic with a detailed description and I will email my contact and see what he can do.

Hope that helps
                              Terry

Comment

• Industrial
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by tpirovol
                                Hi Everyone,

I have been working with Rotel for the past couple of weeks tweeking out the bugs. The problem is that Rotel is worried that people might kill or damage there units since there is now 3 versions of firmware that needs to be applied to the reciever. If you are currently on V1.1.2 and V1.1 or V1.0 then you dont have many updates for right now. I cannot say for sure but I am assuming Rotel is working there way up to V1.2.0 then releasing it GA with a bunch of fixes small and large.

I unfortunitly cannot provide the firmware but if you contact your dealer he can have it very quickly as that is how I started of getting them. I do not work for Rotel or a dealer I am consumer like you that wanted my bugs fixed.

If you are experiencing some issues please post them in this topic with a detailed description and I will email my contact and see what he can do.

Hope that helps
                                Terry
                                If possible could you post up what these updates are "fixing" in your system? The only thing that I notice is a small delay to get the digital sound from my xbox when it first starts and that doesn't bother me at all since all the music I do play on the cd transport i use works fine. Unless it makes the 2 chan music sound even better I'm not in any rush.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Alfred
                                  But I'm wondering about the firmware versions. You mentioned that version 1.1.6 camed out. For me as a software engineer it doesn't sound like a beta version. There is also a half year of development between the initial firmware 1.1.1 and the newest 1.1.6.

Regards,
                                  Alfred
                                  It's not beta, but not widely released or forced. If they were to post the newest versions on their website and a widespread problem does come up, they would have a lot of calls to deal with at once.

The way it's set up now, users that feel they need an update or have issues get it through their dealer and will also have their support if a new issue crops up (or an old one isn't fixed). This staggered release helps spread the support work load out over time.

1.2 won't be more of a 'release' version then 1.1.9.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Industrial
                                    If possible could you post up what these updates are "fixing" in your system? The only thing that I notice is a small delay to get the digital sound from my xbox when it first starts and that doesn't bother me at all since all the music I do play on the cd transport i use works fine. Unless it makes the 2 chan music sound even better I'm not in any rush.
                                    So far things I know: improved digital lock in (and retainment), correct sub levels for MPCM over HDMI, some HDMI compatibility issues.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AudioDude
                                      • Jan 2009

Any news on a dvi no audio fix? Currently I get 1080i video but no hd audio to the 1570 when connected via DVI, which tells me some handshacking is taking place. One thing to note my other avr did not suffer from this problem it was hdmi 1.1 mind you though.

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                                        • May 2003

Hiya dude!
                                        you know DVI doesn't have audio on it right?
                                        Digital.VIDEO.Interface. probably doesn't have the pins on the connector for audio. Any audio.
                                        sure you'll get 1080p, but you'll need to hook up some kinda optical/coax to get any sound out of it.

Edit:
                                        Oh I see, you have your source hooked up with HDMI, then you're running out to the 1570 then to a DVI enabled display but it still wont play sound.
                                        Sorry dude, I get it.
                                        Ya that sucks.
                                        Wasn't there a black market converter device going around that aided with handshake issues?
                                        "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
                                        -Dark Helmet

Comment

• ray5
                                          • Dec 2008

I am having issues with audio from my CD player and video through my Dishnetwork cable box. I called my dealer and he got me the firmware within 2-3 days. I haven't had the time to run it though to see if the problems resolved. For now I have the HDMI hooked directly from my cable box to the TV and the audio through my 1570.
                                          Ray

Comment

• Alfred
                                            • Apr 2009

Hello AudioDude,

the main problem is the handshake with the exchange of EDID information. There are external boxes (sometimes in combination with HDMI splitter) available to simulate the needed EDID information. I'm using a splitter to solve the issue.
                                            But hopefully the RSP will ignore the audio part of that EDID information after the update if the RSP is on Amp-mode.

Regards,
                                            Alfred

Comment

• AudioDude
                                              • Jan 2009

Yeah I have my fingers crossed that a firmeware update will save the day so I can try HD audio through the DSP of the Rotel.
                                              Regards,

Comment

• AudioDude
                                                • Jan 2009

Is this firmeware history correct
                                                I haven't been able to obtain a newer firmeware update from 1.1.1, anyone else luck out?

Comment

• Alfred
                                                  • Apr 2009

It's sad that Rotel needs so much time to provide the first official firmware update. <sarcastic>Hopefully on the first Birthday of the 1570, the firmware version 1.5 is available on their homepage.</sarcastic>

Regards,
                                                  Alfred

Comment

• maxwebster
                                                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by AudioDude
                                                    I haven't been able to obtain a newer firmeware update from 1.1.1, anyone else luck out?
                                                    Not me.

Over a month ago I put in an email to Rotel and a call to my dealer...

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by AudioDude
                                                      1.1.6 is still the latest. There's actualy two version's of 1.1.6, the one dated '20090424' is the latest.

Kevin D.

Comment

• maxwebster
                                                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by maxwebster
                                                        Not me.

Over a month ago I put in an email to Rotel and a call to my dealer...
                                                        BTW, I successfully upgraded my 1066 a few times, including the hardware upgrade (snip snip) with no problems, and I built my own makeshift cable.

Not sure how complex this upgrade could be, given that the cable is now included...
                                                        Last edited by maxwebster; 01 June 2009, 15:29 Monday. Reason: spelling

Comment

• AudioDude
                                                          • Jan 2009

Hi,
                                                          Any firmeware news last I checked 1.1.6 was the newest.
                                                          Regards,

Comment

• activ
                                                            • Jul 2009

My 1560 has just been away for an update, the version now reads:
                                                            1.1.6-090409
                                                            Video V1.12

This has not solved my problem though. I've got locking issues with two different dvd players connected via s/pdiff. The sound just goes randomly and then only comes back when I switch to another source and back. I get this alot when playing cd's.

Comment

• MuShu007
                                                              • Jun 2002

I really had my heart set on this pre/pro to replace my aging 1066,but it seems like Rotel still has it's own little quirks to mend out...

Comment

• activ
                                                                • Jul 2009

@MuShu007: I can only say you should wait a bit and then still buy them. I believe you will find nothing that sounds better at the price level (not with all the new formats supported anyway).

I myself have thought about this several times: If I'd ask my dealer they would take the 1560 back without any hassle, but then what would I get?
                                                                So I've decided to have patience and work with them to solve this problem. I love the sounds and would rather keep the 1560 and live with the problem for now.
                                                                Last edited by activ; 19 July 2009, 04:21 Sunday.

Comment

• MuShu007
                                                                  • Jun 2002

Originally posted by activ
                                                                  @MuShu007: I can only say you should wait a bit and then still buy them. I believe you will find nothing that sounds better at the price level (not with all the new formats supported anyway).

I myself have thought about this several times: If I'd ask my dealer they would take the 1570 back without any hassle, but then what would I get?
                                                                  So I've decided to have patience and work with them to solve this problem. I love the sounds and would rather keep the 1570 and live with the problem for now.
                                                                  I'm thinking about that too, I love the Rotel sound but it's just the small little issues that bothers me.I went thru the 1066 with it's own problems when it came out,bought the cables and did the latest firmware to get the bugs out.Hopefully they get this one right...

Comment

• RonaldoF
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2009

I updated my FW, and now the situation got worse:

Before the update, the problem was a delay in the audio as many here described.

Now my version says:
                                                                    1.1.6-090409
                                                                    Video V1.12

I have the AT&T u-verse DVR, when I fast forward the recording sometimes I lose all the sound, which only comes back if I turn off the 1570 and turn it back on.

DVR is connected to the Rotel via HDMI and Optical Audio Cable.
                                                                    Sometimes I also lose the image! And then I switch to Video COmponent and back to HDMI.

Somebody please help!

Comment

• RonaldoF
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2009

By the way, does anyone have a solution for this remote control that only works if you point straight to the sensor.... this is too basic for something so expensive!

Comment

• Alfred
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Apr 2009

After my firmware update, I got three or four times the strange behavior, that the DSP decodes wrong. It sounds like a crank video cassette. Only a reset to factory defaults and the disconnection of the power connector brought the good sound back.

All three updates were successfully installed and I reset the DSP after each installation step.

It seems that I must send my DSP back to Rotel. :-(

Regards,
                                                                        Alfred

Comment

• ray5
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RonaldoF
                                                                          By the way, does anyone have a solution for this remote control that only works if you point straight to the sensor.... this is too basic for something so expensive!
                                                                          That is indeed true and highly frustrating! I have to sit right in front of the unit. I am looking to get a RF universal remote to bypass this issue.
                                                                          Ray

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Mar 2007
                                                                            • 1532

Originally posted by RonaldoF
                                                                            I updated my FW, and now the situation got worse:

Before the update, the problem was a delay in the audio as many here described.

Now my version says:
                                                                            1.1.6-090409
                                                                            Video V1.12

I have the AT&T u-verse DVR, when I fast forward the recording sometimes I lose all the sound, which only comes back if I turn off the 1570 and turn it back on.

DVR is connected to the Rotel via HDMI and Optical Audio Cable.
                                                                            Sometimes I also lose the image! And then I switch to Video COmponent and back to HDMI.

Somebody please help!
                                                                            Does the problem still exist if you just use the HDMI for both audio and video? AT&T now has Dolby Digital over HDMI so you don't have to use the optical. Give that a try and see if anything changes. I have U-verse with an RSX-1058 just using the HDMI and I haven't had that happen to me. I know the HDMI boards are different in the 10 Series and 15 Series but it's worth a shot.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                            Search Result for "|||"