X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

Dropped RR 1050 remote...Yikes!

I dropped my RR 1050 remote the other night.. 8O It still works however there is a chunk of plastic that broke off on the front where you point the remote at the processor.

I was wondering if a little model glue wouldnt hurt to keep the piece from falling out? Any suggestions to repair would be appreciated otherwise I may see how much a new RR 1050 costs. Also, does anyone know if Rotel sells the RR 1050 remote? Thanks again Rotel club members.
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

They ain't cheap to replace. Just do a search. I'd just try to fix yours and treat yourself to a proper universal remote control. I use a Harmony.

Comment

• RoMan
      • Jan 2007

Update, Update Update!! Just thought I would share this with the forum.

Called Rotel in regards to my plastic case breaking on my RR 1050 remote and Mike returned my call very promptly and gave me some excellent news.

This remote RR 1050 has been replaced by the RR 1060 and costs 135.00 USD. However, Mike also said that they have the plastic case as a part and sell it for 10.00 USD. I said that is great!! I was so pleased to hear this and he said replacing it would not be an issue at all. I will be ordering one in a day or so.

Rotel really cares about there customers and I want to thank Mike for his promptness and for the part as it will save me the cost to replace this remote.

Way to go Rotel!! :T

Comment

• gp4Jesus
        • Jan 2010

what to do w/a schitzoid RR 1050

My RR 1050 has gone schitzoid. I've tried the Reset button and leaving the batteries out for an extended period.
        Samsung 60" LED
        Outlaw Audio 976
        Samsung BDP, Dish Network

BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside & out
        Canare 14 ga - LCR inside; CC outside
        LR: RTi A7 Triamped
        M & T: Rotel RB-981
        Bass: Rotel RB-980BX ->8ga in & out

CC: Rotel RB981 -> CSi A6 Bi-amped
        SW: LFE - Sunfire; Audio Pro Evidence @ each corner
        Surrounds: Rotel RB981 -> RTi A3
        Power Conditioning & Distribution: APC H15, 4 Furman Miniport 20s; 3 dedicated 20A feeds

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"