X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kneptune
    • Jan 2004

Scratches on RR-1050 remote's clear lens

The 1098's RR-1050 remote's plastics lens which covers the LCD display seems to be sensitive and easily scratched (I'm talking light scratches, which some might call "spider" scratches - obviously a deep scratch or gouge is a different thing).

Has anyone discovered/used a polish or wax which is effective in removing light scratches without creating a haze or worse, ruining the plastic :?:

The scratches are more of an annoyance, but nonetheless, I would like to be able to remove them if possible.

Kevin
  • DrBoom
    • Dec 2003

Hi, I used Displex polish and it works fine.
    Another thing that works quite well is copper polish (the stuff you use to polish copper things), it's also a very fine abrasive liquid.
    Just try not to get any of the products in the fine grooves where the display stops, it's white and hard to get it out

Comment

• kneptune
      • Jan 2004

Thanks for the information, appears to be exactly what I need! Looks like this would have multiple uses around the house.

I wonder if this could be used on the TFT screen of a 1098, should (shudder) a scratch occur there for some reason. 8O

Appreciate the feedback.

Kevin

Comment

• DrBoom
        • Dec 2003

I don't even want to think about a scratch on my RSP1098's display, because there is no plastic or glass plate over it to protect it.
        The Displex has to be rubbed in quite hard, and TFT displays don't really care for pressure applied to them.
        Luckily, the display is a bit recessed and not mounted flush with the front of the unit, so it's a little bit safer from scratches.

This just struck me, Displex is a polish product made in Poland.
        So it's Polish polish :roll:
        Maybe that's where they got the word from ?

Comment

• will1066
          • Aug 2003

Another product is Novus plastics polish. The website is www.novuspolish.com; it probably lists places where you can buy it. It worked well on some hairline scratches on my RR-969.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"