X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lotones
    • Apr 2006

rsp 1570 dacs vs rsp 1069 dacs

Just wondering how people are liking the 1570s dacs compared to the Burr-Browns in the 1069. Kevin, maybe you have an opinion?
    Last edited by lotones; 05 April 2009, 13:40 Sunday.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I was without the 1069 for about two months and only had a cheaper pioneer. Upgraded to the 1575 at the same time so no real direct comparison.

It's a little harsher on the treble, but that's probably more in the amp. I'm also the last person you would want to have give you an opinion. I'm not that critical, more whether it sounds good or not. The cheaper Pioneer did not..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

Hi Kevin

Is it the RSP1570 or RSP1069 that is a little harsh in the treble?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Going from the 1077/1069 to the 1575/1570 is a little harsher. It's not harsh, just harsher then before. Closer to what my 1095/1098 sounded like.

Kevin D.

Comment

• TommyV
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
          I was without the 1069 for about two months and only had a cheaper pioneer. Upgraded to the 1575 at the same time so no real direct comparison.

It's a little harsher on the treble, but that's probably more in the amp. I'm also the last person you would want to have give you an opinion. I'm not that critical, more whether it sounds good or not. The cheaper Pioneer did not..

Kevin D.
          I may have missed it but why were you without your 1069 for two months?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Chicken-egg. I have to sell one to pay for the other. Worked out better selling the 1069 first, and then some things came up that delayed the 1570 purchase.

Kevin D.

Comment

• TommyV
              • Feb 2007

Chicken-egg. I have to sell one to pay for the other. Worked out better selling the 1069 first, and then some things came up that delayed the 1570 purchase.

Kevin D.
              May I ask why you decided to move on from the 1069/1077 combo? Do you always like to have the most current gear or were you unhappy with that setup?

Comment

• lotones
                • Apr 2006

Going from the 1077/1069 to the 1575/1570 is a little harsher. It's not harsh, just harsher then before. Closer to what my 1095/1098 sounded like.

Kevin D.
                Thanks for the reply Kevin. Maybe what you're hearing is the "pre-burn-in harshness"?

Any idea if the 1570 is using Burr-Browns like the 1069?

I'm looking toward a 1570/1077 combo (upgrading from a 1068/Carver AV-705x). I love my 1068, but I'm going to be stepping up to HDMI/Blu-ray soon, and had been salivating over the better dacs in the 1069. So I'm hoping the 1570's sound is comparable to the 1069.

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by TommyV
                  May I ask why you decided to move on from the 1069/1077 combo? Do you always like to have the most current gear or were you unhappy with that setup?
                  Not unhappy, working for a dealer with the discounts it makes more financial sense to upgrade as new units come out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by lotones
                    Thanks for the reply Kevin. Maybe what you're hearing is the "pre-burn-in harshness"?

Any idea if the 1570 is using Burr-Browns like the 1069?
                    No idea, but I don't believe it's that much different from the 1069.

Originally posted by lotones
                    I'm looking toward a 1570/1077 combo (upgrading from a 1068/Carver AV-705x). I love my 1068, but I'm going to be stepping up to HDMI/Blu-ray soon, and had been salivating over the better dacs in the 1069. So I'm hoping the 1570's sound is comparable to the 1069.
                    I think you'll enjot it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• TommyV
                      • Feb 2007

Not unhappy, working for a dealer with the discounts it makes more financial sense to upgrade as new units come out.

Kevin D.

Yea I bet. For me it was basically get an RSX-1550 which is just like what I have with HDMI audio and decoding or get the 1069/1075. I have salivated over the 1075 for years so I really wanted to step up into the separates and pick up a 1075 for cheap before they were all gone. Not even sure if Rotel plans on making a 1075 replacement.

From what I gather, it seems most all the issues with the 1069 have been addressed and I like the scaler bypass feature. I would rather my Pioneer Kuro and HTPC handle all the video processing, I don't need another one messing around.

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

Yea I bet. For me it was basically get an RSX-1550 which is just like what I have with HDMI audio and decoding or get the 1069/1075. I have salivated over the 1075 for years so I really wanted to step up into the separates and pick up a 1075 for cheap before they were all gone. Not even sure if Rotel plans on making a 1075 replacement.

From what I gather, it seems most all the issues with the 1069 have been addressed and I like the scaler bypass feature. I would rather my Pioneer Kuro and HTPC handle all the video processing, I don't need another one messing around.
                        15 series has the bypass on all the time. There's no option to scale the HDMI inputs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• TommyV
                          • Feb 2007

15 series has the bypass on all the time. There's no option to scale the HDMI inputs.

Kevin D.

I was going off the Rotel website.

RSP-1570

• Expanded HDMI v1.3a ports x 4 with Deep Color and xvYCC
                          • Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and dts-HD™ Master Audio, dts HD Hi-Resolution
                          Faroudja video processing
                          • 1080P 24Hertz compliant
                          • Rear Panel RS-232C and multiple IR
                          • Assignable 12 volt triggers
                          • Second, third and fourth zone capable
                          • 3U cabinet

Comment

• Kevin D
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Oct 2002

I was going off the Rotel website.

RSP-1570

Faroudja video processing
                            • 1080P 24Hertz compliant
                            Yup, for all inputs but HDMI. Kind of sucks since i can't scale 720p PS3 games to 1080i anymore.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2005

Yup, for all inputs but HDMI. Kind of sucks since i can't scale 720p PS3 games to 1080i anymore.

Kevin D.

Did you notice an improvement when you did? Did you mean to say you scaled it to 1080p? Arent there still issues with the video processor in the 1069 when doing anything besides bypassing it or scaling to 1080p?

I havent been keeping up to date since I got the bypass firmware.

Comment

• mjb
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

IMO up scaling is over rated, you can't improve what isn't there in the first place.
                                - Mike

Main System:
                                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Kevin D
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Vancouver
                                  Did you notice an improvement when you did? Did you mean to say you scaled it to 1080p? Arent there still issues with the video processor in the 1069 when doing anything besides bypassing it or scaling to 1080p?

I havent been keeping up to date since I got the bypass firmware.
                                  My Mitsu CRT can only handle 480x and 1080i. The PS3 won't scale 720p games to 1080i for you. So without some form of scaling of the PS3's output, I have to tell it not to display 720p. That means games are outputted at 480p.

All the issues I had with the 1069's scaling were fixed by the time I got rid of it. Mine never had the bypass mod done to it.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"