X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxwebster
    • Mar 2009

Rsp-1570: Analog Stereo with Bass Management

Rsp-1570: Analog Stereo with Bass Management

Does anyone know if we the 1570 can send lower freq to subs from analog without converting the signal to digital?

I am currently using BYPASS MODE, but would like to use my expensive subwoofer if this is possible.

Thanks
  • maxwebster
    • Mar 2009

Update: I figured out that I can do this by routing the speakers via the SUB, which I will do if the 1570 can't do this within the analogue domain

thanks in advance

Comment

• WelshOne
      • Jan 2009

Hi Max,

How exactly did you acheive this? Im after the same solution.

My sub is in the opposite corner of the room? Is this acheived via the speaker wiring or processor settings? I am confused ops:

Thanks

Comment

• kmcheng
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by WelshOne
        Hi Max,

How exactly did you acheive this? Im after the same solution.

My sub is in the opposite corner of the room? Is this acheived via the speaker wiring or processor settings? I am confused ops:

Thanks
        Does your sub accept speaker-level input? Many subwoofers have this option. If so, connect the sub (in addition to the left and right front speakers) with the amp using speaker wires. If you are using a surround sound processor, set the speaker size of both the L and R fronts to "Large".

Comment

• maxwebster
          • Mar 2009

Be sure you Activate the sub's crossover, and some subs support RCA in/out so I think this would be a better option than the speakers. If available route the preamp FRONT L/R out through the subwoofer RCA in/out before going to the AMPs.

Comment

• WelshOne
            • Jan 2009

Ah I see!?

I have a sunfire hrs 12, it has RCA and line in. I'll have to take a closer look, although potential probs are that im using chord chorus rca's for all channels (cost 8O ), and the sub is in the oppsoite corner of the room :cry:

TBH, if ive been serious about spending the evening listening to 2 channel music, I just switch the speaker distances/SPL levels back to 0 again on the main L/R channels. By doing this it is undistinguishable IMO to using the BYPASS feature. Total PITA though!

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• maxwebster
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by maxwebster
              Be sure you Activate the sub's crossover, and some subs support RCA in/out so I think this would be a better option than the speakers. If available route the preamp FRONT L/R out through the subwoofer RCA in/out before going to the AMPs.
              I forgot to mention that in addition to setting FL and FR to LARGE, you should also set SUBWOOFER=NO, this will send the all the LFE and the redirected bass from the SMALLs to the subwoofer via the FL and FR connections.

Comment

• TommyV
                • Feb 2007

I doubt the RSP 1570 has analog bass mgmt. It probably converts the signal to digtal first.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"