Replacement remote control for Rsx-1056?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack71
    • Jan 2009

Replacement remote control for Rsx-1056?

Hi, new member here. I just picked up a slightly used Rsx-1056 but it did not come with a remote control. Is there any way to pick up a replacement or am I better off just getting a universal remote? If I go the universal remote route, am I still going to be able to properly access all programming menus, etc.? Also, where do I find the universal remote code for the 1056?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Just get a universal remote. Rotel's IR codes are in most universal remotes so you should be fine. Rotel has their IR codes on their website for various brand universal remotes as well so you should be able to find one that will work. A good universal will allow you to operate you whole system as well.

Eric

Comment

• bnieman
      • Jun 2006

Otherwise remotes pop up on eBay and Audiogon (http://www.audiogon.com) every once and a while. They are quite costly direct from Rotel.
      Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• Jack71
        • Jan 2009

Thanks for the reply guys! Seems like the universal remote is the way to go. Now, can anyone recommend a decent universal remote? Preferably something I can just pick up a Best Buy or the like... :T

Comment

• Claw
          • Apr 2005

Don't get the Harmony 880. It doesn't always charge when it's on the cradle, have to set a heavy object on top of it to weigh it down, or extend the contacts.

Comment

• Jack71
            • Jan 2009

Ok, no Harmony 880. Any other good ones that they sell at say Circuit City or Best Buy? I need to pick up one pronto as it appears I can't do any programming of the unit with one.

Btw, what connection do I have to make to my TV so that I can see the Rotel's menu on-screen?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"