X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classe4me
    • Dec 2007

Universal remote with CAN-BUS

Is anybody here using their CAN-BUS with a universal remote? I have a Harmony 1000 touchscreen that I currently use and have not hooked up my CAN-BUS at this point. What I am running currently off of the remote is my plasma, my SSP-600 which automatically triggers my amp with the 12V line trigger, a CDP-502, a Sony Blu-ray which I seldom use, a Rotel tuner that I never use, and a DirecTV HD DVR that does get quite a bit of use. I just got my Fathom F113 yesterday and have it set to automatic so there is no need for any programming there.

Can you kind, educated, experienced, and gifted Classe members help a guy with ZERO attention span to determine if using CAN-BUS would be a benefit in the least to me with this remote, and if so, what functions should I go for?

Even though I am not overly thrilled with the touch screen remote, it is somewhat easier than dealing with, and using half a dozen remotes.

My mind is having trouble processing what benefits I can achieve by using CAN-BUS, or whether or not it can save me some steps?? The only things that I can think that I would enjoy utilizing the CAN-BUS system for would be to determine my amp temperature, and having the ability to adjust brightness on all components at once. I can't really think of other benefits, but I am sure some of you are using yours, and hopefully with a universal remote, and can give me some pointers on what functions would be functional, helpful, or convenient.

As it stands right now I do have the universal remote set up for two different functions on the CDP-502. I have "watch a DVD" which is using the AES/EBU cable for 5.1, and then I have "listen to a CD" which switches it to the analog balanced outputs and takes it to 2 channel. I don't think the other selections are really relevant but they are "watch TV", "Sony Blu-Ray", or "listen to satellite music."

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I think you are overthinking what canbus does. consider it a trigger on steroids. unhook the triggers from your classe stuff and use the canbus. setup playlink between the 502 and the 600 and enjoy the ride.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Classe4me
      I just got my Fathom F113 yesterday and have it set to automatic so there is no need for any programming there.
      Fathom F113 welcome to the club that is one of the best sub out! Except for the Gotham.

The can bus is cool to get info from othe classe equipment plugged in the processor but that is about it.

"Classé Audio Inc.

Subject:
      CAN BUS USER GUIDE

Classé’s Controller Area Network, or CAN Bus, opens the way to a new level of interaction between our Delta range of amplifiers, preamps, processors and source components. When connected via CAN Bus, the different elements of a Delta series system are in constant communication, creating a “global” network that delivers system wide status information and shared operational features, all
      through the touchscreen display.

CAN Bus allows a single Delta series touchscreen to:

• Display status information for every connected unit, including amplifiers which do not have a touchscreen display

• Create a “PlayLink” that allows an SSP or Preamp to automatically switch to the correct input when a Delta series source component starts playback

• Adjust the global system brightness

• Configure the entire system to go in and out of standby at the touch of a button and also bring individual components in and out of standby

• Mute any connected unit.

That is it :T
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Classe4me
        • Dec 2007

Wettou and Sikoniko, Thank you for your replies. As for PlayLink, on the CDP-502 will it only allow you to choose one form of playback such as DVD running through digital output and utilizing the processing abilities or CD playback using the analog balanced outs? For some reason it is in the back of my mind that I saw or read that it won't let you have it both ways. Can somebody elaborate on this?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"