X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpirovol
    • Dec 2007

Hard Choice 1057 or 1058?

Hi Everyone,

I cannot decide if $350 more is worth the difference from 1058 from the 1057. A dealer near me has on order a RSX-1057 for $850cdn new in box but can get the RSX-1058 for $1200CDN. Just wondering if these are good prices and if the difference in price is worth the extra money. I will be purchasing the Panasonic BD55 to do 7.1 analog to take advantage of the Truehd and DTSHD.

Thanks Terry
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The RSX-1058 is easily worth the difference. That is an easy choice in my opinion.

Eric

Comment

• bnieman
      • Jun 2006

RSX-1058. No contest.

Definitely worth the difference. You can send decoded LPCM uncompressed multi-channel audio to the RSX-1058 via HDMI which I would opt for over letting the Panasonic BD55 do the decoding. Less cables and the Rotel has better DACs. This also opens your options for Blu-Ray players, all you need is a unit that can decode DTS-HD-MA and Dolby True HD and send to the receiver via LPCM over HDMI, even the PS3 does that.

Cheers!
      Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• Claw
        • Apr 2005

I just got my 1058 for $1225 CDN. It's sitting in my living room warming up as we speak - received it yesterday after being in a shipping crate since Friday in -25C weather.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"