X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

Rotel RDV-1060 as a CD plyer?

Hey guys,
    I need to pick up your brain . My old Rotel CD player is about to die as the door won't open and close sometimes. I have an opportunity to purchase a used Rotel RDV-1060 DVD/CD player ($175). I'm planning to use it for playing CDs only. This player is using Cirrus Logic/Crystal Semiconductgor 24bit/192 KHz digital to analog converters. I was wondering if it's a good CD player. Please let me know? Will it sound close to RCD-1072? I appreciate your help.
  • Isaac
    • Jan 2006

I believe that the RDV-1060 got good reviews. It got excellent reviews for its audio quality, not as good as the RCD-1072 but close. It was a recommended product in the Absolute Sound\The Perfect Vision magazines.

Comment

• Alex999
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Isaac
      I believe that the RDV-1060 got good reviews. It got excellent reviews for its audio quality, not as good as the RCD-1072 but close. It was a recommended product in the Absolute Sound\The Perfect Vision magazines.
      Thanks Isaac. I did end up reading few reviews but they are mostly discussing how good this player is at playing Audio DVDs (DVD-A) not CDs.

Comment

• bnieman
        • Jun 2006

At $175 it's a steal. I once owned a RDV-1080 and it's CD playback was outstanding. I wouldn't expect anything less from the newer RDV-1060.
        Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• imbeaujp
          • Nov 2007

Hello, I have de RDV 1060 and de RCD 1072. For CD PlayBack, the RCD is a little bit better than the RDV. But if you want to play DVD Audio or other surrond format the RDV is your choice. If you want to play only CD, the RCD is more convenient to use (move faster from track to track, you can program some track to play or not, you can do repeat, go directly to a track from the remote, etc.).

Check the prices on ebay, you can find good deals on both products.

JP
          Jean-Pierre Imbeau

ROTEL: RSP-1098|RT-1080|RCD-1072|RDV-1060|RLC-1040|RB-1080x2|RMB-1075
          PIONEER: ELITE PRO-940HD|BDP-HD1|inno
          YAMAHA: NS-1000|NS-1000M|CA-1010|CT-1000|TC-1000|YP-1000
          PEARLESS: XXLS-12x4|BEHRINGER DSP-1124

Comment

• JDH
            • Sep 2004

CD performance for the RDV-1060 using its own internal DACs is OK as far as a DVD player goes, that being said I now only use it as a transport using a Benchmark DAC1pre for the D/A conversion. For what you can pick up a used RDV-1060 for it is great value.

JDH.

Originally posted by Alex999
            Hey guys,
            I need to pick up your brain . My old Rotel CD player is about to die as the door won't open and close sometimes. I have an opportunity to purchase a used Rotel RDV-1060 DVD/CD player ($175). I'm planning to use it for playing CDs only. This player is using Cirrus Logic/Crystal Semiconductgor 24bit/192 KHz digital to analog converters. I was wondering if it's a good CD player. Please let me know? Will it sound close to RCD-1072? I appreciate your help.
            Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Alex999
              • Jun 2006

Thanks guys. I haven't made up my mind yet. I think I want a really good CD player but not sure which way to go. I auditioned few players including Rotel 1072, Nad (don't remember which one, and CA Azur 840C. CA 840C didn't sound much better than Rotel. I don't know if something is wrong with my ears but I couldn't notice a big improvement so I didn't want to spend $1300 for it. It was a little bit more detailed than Rotel but that was it. The problem where I live (in Calgary) is that very few hi if stores will let you audition a player at home.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"