X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dts_boy
    • Jan 2004

D3 dvd player reviews?

has anyone got one, seen reviews? been thinking about getting one - listen to a lot of music and also considering the new arcam fmj dv139 as well. any other machines to look at - hd dvd/blu ray dont interest me just yet
    Doh!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

There's some D3 opinions floating around the club here. Do a search, and look at D3 threads here for the last 5 months or so, and you'll see some.

Sounds like a great piece of equipment.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• hamtor
      • Sep 2004

A norwegian magasin tested the D3 vs Arcam dv139, and they are close in performance, the dv139 is a little bit better on cd`s and picture quality. The D3 is better on multichannel sacd and dvd audio.

Comment

• mikepinkerton
        • Jun 2004

I'm waiting for "Secrets Of Home Theater" to do their benchmark....

-Mike

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Yes, that would be nice, but I doubt Secrets will test the D3. They don't touch a lot of niche/boutique manufacturers.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• dts_boy
            • Jan 2004

its so difficult - no reviews and nowhere to demo i've decided to buy the arcam instead. at least that way i can have an extended demo and be satisfied with the choice, such a shame because i have a c2 and a52 but feel its too big a risk to spend so much on a player which is practically unheard of in the uk
            Doh!

Comment

• hamtor
              • Sep 2004

http://www.crtprojectors.co.uk/ can probably help you with a demo.

Comment

• Loffen
                • Oct 2005

Test

Originally posted by hamtor
                A norwegian magasin tested the D3 vs Arcam dv139, and they are close in performance, the dv139 is a little bit better on cd`s and picture quality. The D3 is better on multichannel sacd and dvd audio.
                I do not think that the sound test was fair as the dv139 only has RCA jacks (and so did the system they tested them on)and did not use the full potential of the D3 with XLR.

Espen

Comment

• Vince Helm
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by dts_boy
                  has anyone got one, seen reviews? been thinking about getting one - listen to a lot of music and also considering the new arcam fmj dv139 as well. any other machines to look at - hd dvd/blu ray dont interest me just yet
                  I bet their is a good reason why the D3 was not reviewed in the HIFI press. Please know that I am searching for a D3 to add to my system as well.

VH

Comment

• Loffen
                    • Oct 2005

Well,I do not regret buying mine.

It does not have 1080p,but I still do not have any use for it,my infocus 7210 will take up to 1080i and my new pioneer 428xd plasma will take 1080p but it will downscale it to 768p anyway so .....

And I will not go for blue-ray yet and I have HD Dvd on my 360.
                    I will upgrade it at a later time for sure but not as long as the HD formats fights as they do.

Comment

• Whistler
                      • Aug 2003

I could have bought one cheap, with warranty etc... But the Denon outperforms it at image quality and for audio I still prefer a dedicated player, or a Teac DV-50s/60 which is really the minimum.
                      The Mainframe

Comment

• Loffen
                        • Oct 2005

The only CD/DVD player I have put the D3 up against is the Primare DVD 30, I had the Primare for a couple of weeks to gether with the D3 and it did not have a chance.

Which Denon player did you think of ?

And I do not think I would spend 5500 USD on a Teac...

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Whistler
                          I could have bought one cheap, with warranty etc... But the Denon outperforms it at image quality and for audio I still prefer a dedicated player, or a Teac DV-50s/60 which is really the minimum.
                          But the Denon does not give you the Parasound Halo logo screen, which is a requirement for any Parsound fan. (Real Parasound fans also wear a Parasound T-shirt and drink their coffee out of a Parasound mug :beer: :sn )

Peter

Comment

• Vince Helm
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Whistler
                            I could have bought one cheap, with warranty etc...
                            Please tell me where to buy cheap with warranty!!! I would love to have a D3 at a more reasonable price... with warranty. I tried to get one through Media Design but that was a crash and burn. I guess I am a T-shirt and coffee mug kind of guy.

Vince

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
                              But the Denon does not give you the Parasound Halo logo screen, which is a requirement for any Parsound fan. (Real Parasound fans also wear a Parasound T-shirt and drink their coffee out of a Parasound mug :beer: :sn )
                              True 'dat. I wear my Parasound halo T-shirts as my black undershirts underneath my flight suit every day. Get some nice smiles from my flying buddies when I unzip it a few inches every day and they see the Parasound logo, and ask, "what's that?"

I don't have me a mug, though. Got me a Parasound Halo theater sign, though! (okay, so I had that one made)
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Vince Helm
                                Please tell me where to buy cheap with warranty!!! I would love to have a D3 at a more reasonable price... with warranty. I tried to get one through Media Design but that was a crash and burn. I guess I am a T-shirt and coffee mug kind of guy.

Vince
                                I know I saw one on Audiogon for a very reasonable price. I would not worry much about the warranty, as long as the seller guarantees that it is fully functional on arrival... These things are pretty solid!

Peter

Comment

• Vince Helm
                                  • Mar 2006

I know I saw one on Audiogon for a very reasonable price. I would not worry much about the warranty, as long as the seller guarantees that it is fully functional on arrival... These things are pretty solid!

Peter
                                  Thanks Peter,

I keep an eye on Audiogon, Videogon and Ebay to see what a used D3 is selling for and Audio Advisor for demo, clearance etc... But, I promised Richard and Paul that I would not buy one used/second hand. Brent had one at a great price but it was not available to purchase under warranty. I'll keep looking and thanks again for the thought.

Vince

Comment

• Loffen
                                    • Oct 2005

Peter
                                    Ohh yeah...
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Chris D
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Dec 2000

Blown up for everyone...

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• mattburk
                                        • Feb 2003

Do the new arcams handle sacd correctly? I remember the last arcam I read up on did not. It would only do 2 channel sacd.
                                        www.mycstone.com
                                        www.coverednow.com
                                        www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Chris D
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Dec 2000

Man, that would look good on my screen and in my theater. Still just hard to make that jump from the Denon 3910, given the extra cost for the D3, similar product.

Matt, hmmm... couldn't tell you.
                                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"