X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chidambg
    • Mar 2005

RSP-1068 and Remote control RR-1050

I bought a RSP-1068 in early 2006 from the then Indian distributor and the remote RR-1050 had already failed once and now again. Even with new batteries, it displays nothing. As the settings of the processor are entirely at the mercy of the remote, can someone please advise what are my options here?
    I also have a wavelike motion on the TV screen whenever I play movies through component video cables and wonder whether there is some problem with the processor. Is it possible to connect the DVD video out directly to TV using component video cables bypassing the processor?
    Thanks in advance.
    chidambg
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

My advise is to get a good universal remote and forgo the Rotel remote. I gave up on their remotes long ago. I always sell my customers a separate remote and there are plenty out there that will do all of the Rotel functions.

Is the wave like motion all of the time? Have you set the progressive mode to on for that input? You can bypass the RSP-1068, you just have to have some connection to get the on screen menus to do set up and/or tune up. That can be just a composite video to another input.

Eric

Comment

• chidambg
      • Mar 2005

RR-1050 substitute

Thanks. Can you please mention some of the other remotes you sell in place of the Rotel RR-1050 (makde, model no.) so that I can try to buy one?

chidambg

Comment

• David L.
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by chidambg
        Thanks. Can you please mention some of the other remotes you sell in place of the Rotel RR-1050 (makde, model no.) so that I can try to buy one?

chidambg
        I would be interested in knowing which third party remotes will operate the Rotel equipment as well. Thanks.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

The remotes that we sell at my store are from Universal Remote Control (URC). All of the Rotel codes work great and we have a lot of success with them. Here is the web site.

URC (Universal Remote Control) offers luxury home automation & commercial automation systems. Experience premium control & automation for your home or business.

Eric

Comment

• David L.
            • Jul 2006

Thanks for the link, Eric. Are these also compatible with Comcast cable boxes?
            Also, which of the remotes would you recommend for operating the aforementioned box, Sharp Aquos TV, RSP-1068, RCD-1072 and Panasonic DVD?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Any of the remotes in the professional line work with all of the components you have. The MX-350 and MX-450 don't require a computer to program them. It's done by hand but they are easy to program. The rest of the line requires a computer to program them but it's not done on the internet like the Harmony remotes. It makes it much simpler to edit that way and you can make a CD backup of the program and keep it for yourself. PM me if you want more specifics.

Eric

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

Hy,

I have the remote from my Rsp1068 changed and vs. one universal I prefer the original.

I have buy the reomte from the Rsp1069:
                same function like the RR1050 but small, new design, no bad....
                mod. RR1060.

greetings Omar

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"