X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

RC 1070 questions

Hi all,

As mentioned in a previous thread. I am currently thinking of purchasing a used RC 1070 stereo preamp for my bedroom. Temporarily I would unhook my RB1090 and use that for powering my old Paradigm Atoms.

I notice that there is no subwoofer output on the RC 1070. Would I be missing deep bass with my music because of it or do the contour controls compensate well??

Is there a way to hook up a sub to the RC 1070? If so, how would it be done?

Would it matter that there is no digital inputs??

I am currently running a Denon 3803 in my bedroom but feel it a bit of a waste of channels if I'm not using it in a home theater application. I figure I can sell that piece and buy the RC 1070 which would serve my needs better. I can save up for a Rotel amp in the future.

Thanks again in advance for the advice, information, etc.

RoMan
    :T
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

The RC-1070 has two sets of pre-outs so running a sub shouldn't be an issue. You'd run one set to your power amp and the other the to the line level inputs on your sub. I did this when I had my 1070 hooked up and the results were perfectly fine.

Good luck!

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

As said above, OR, run your pre-out to your sub line level inputs, AND, if you sub has Line Level Outs, run back to your amp. This way the crossover used in your sub will be tha active one instead of sending full range signal to the satellite speakers.

Comment

• RoMan
        • Jan 2007

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I am going to keep my current setup as I plan on moving my cd recorder in the future to my bedroom and it requires digital inputs. My Denon 3803 currently can accomodate. The RC 1070 does not accomodate digital inputs. :cry:

I'm going to see if I can get a power amp instead. I'm looking at the RB- 1070 and use my current receiver as a pre/pro. Any recommendations and/or comments on this setup? It should do the trick.

RoMan

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

I use the RB-1070 with the RC-1070 in my second system -strictly analogue. A nice pairing. The RB-1070 is a nice, affordable amp. A used one can be had for $450 or less.

Comment

• RoMan
            • Jan 2007

Thanks miner for your responses. I agree the RC 1070 and RB 1070 would be a great combo, however I need to choose one or the other for now and it would make more sense to get the RB 1070 and use my Denon 3803 as a pre/pro for now. Again with no digital inputs its hard to want to get this preamp because my Denon cd recorder will only accept digital inputs to record digitally. So I may need to either keep what I have or buy a preamp with digital inputs or just leave my cd recorder where it is for now. Or when I get a pc I can hook up to HDTV as a monitor and I can use that as a cd recorder and then buy that preamp..hmmm..any other ideas or suggestions is always appreciated.

RoMan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"