X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garethk
    • Dec 2002

Help with international voltages

I was wondering if anyone could let me know if you have ever had a rotel amp converted from 115 to 220 volts or the other way round.

I found the service manual for my amp and it shows the same transformer just with 2 sets of windings on it. one for 220 and the other for 115 volts.
    So it should just be a simple matter of swapping the 2 sets of winding inputs into the transformers.

If anyone knows someone at Rotel that they could ask it would be great.
    The Rotel agents over here are not that helpfull.

I am looking at buying a RB 1090 from the states, and shipping it to OZ. Cant find one in OZ!

Thanks
    GarethK
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The amps usually require changing fuses and moving transformer leads. Rotel NA would be able to help you out if you could work it out with the seller (your 1090 will have to be used as they are discontinued).

Kevin D.

Comment

• Destruction
      • Dec 2006

If you're going to to that I'd recommend that the conversion is done by an authorised agent. You'll find that the inruch circuit is completely different for 115V vs 230V so it really wouldn't be a straight forward job. Have you ever seen one of these amps blow up - it's not pretty :E Anyway, hope this helps. 8)
      Best regards,

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"