X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

110 v 220-230Volt

Any of you got some experience with the following :

When I bought my Rotel receiver, Ii just moved from the States to Europe. I was looking for a receiver that I could use in Europe and at later stage in the US (110 and 220-230 Volt). Rotel confirmed through email that they don't manufacture products like this. The same week, my Rotel sales guy confirmed that the RSX-1055 could be used on both continents without any power-conversions and even gave me the blackprints with instructions from Rotel :huh: and showed me which button's/jumpers to set when I leave Europe....

Did you come across other receivers and processors made like this :B
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Sirbogey,

Some receivers have a switch in the back of the reciever which allows you to convert back and forth between voltages. I am unsure about the 1055.

I will move this over to the Club Rotel thread where you will more concrete answers to your questions.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

RSX-1055 doesn't have it at the back. It's actually inside the receiver. What receivers/processors have that switch? I couldn't fiind anything else 5 years ago....

Comment

• Clepto
        • Feb 2006

There's a surprising amount of stuff made that will auto switch. You'll generally see that it's 110-230v displayed near the power cord.

However, the place I've found that sells this, isn't necessarily high end (; Most of my auto switching electronics came from the AAFES catalog (;

Comment

• sirbogey
          • Mar 2006

I'd prefer hi-end stuff...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"