X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msiminoff
    • Mar 2008

RDV-1093 : 1080p from component out?

I have a RDV-1093 and it will only output 480i from the component out when playing DVD's that are Macrovision encoded. Unfortunately I am unable to get an HDMI cable to my projector so I am stuck with component.

Does anybody know if the RDV-1093 can be modified to allow 1080p component output when playing protected DVD's???

Cheers
    -Mark
    msiminoff AT yahoo DOT com
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

I may be wrong and someone will correct me but DVD's i believe are 480p.Unless its upconverted via hdmi thats the best your going to get.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

It will only upconvert to 1080i over component, and only if they are not protected. Your only option is to rip the disc and burn it again without protection.

There's plenty of solutions to get HDMI over different cables. Two CAT5 or 5 coax if you have them available.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"