X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Rotel Blu-Ray Player: ideas, suggestions and wish list

I thought we should start a list of fetures we would like to see in a Rotel BD player. Hopefully Rotel will look and listen since we are their biggest fans. Ill update this list with other suggestions to make it nice and neat.

Lets start a list of what you hope to have in a BD player.

Ill go first.

1.) On board PLIIx decoding so it can matrix 5.1 to 7.1 and output via HDMI PCM.

2.) Ability to choose bitstream or PCM depending on the audio codec.

3.) I know this is way out there but I would love to have 2 internal DACs which equal the quality of the RCD 1072. If this can be done then I would like to have 1 digital input for a music server.

4.) DVD Audio support...maybe even SACD?

5.) Profile 2.0
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

I would like to see a HD drive like the new Denon.And I would love if Rotel would make a new processor that can decode all the new formats,and that the processor would have the same sound in stereo bypass as the new preamp RC 1082,It has a bit more weight in the bass and a treble/midrange that is warmer than my current RSP 1098.

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I'd like all the HD audio format internally decoded and available via analog outputs. That's the way I can get it to my pre-amp.

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

I agree with Steve. I am now waiting for the Panasonic BDP 50 which supposedly will be able to internally decode Dolby Digital True HD and DTS HD MA. However, the details of internal bass management are still unclear which in turn makes a purchase by me uncertain.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Definitely would love a 7.1 analog out on the unit so I don't have to get rid of my RSP-1098!
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Redhawk
            • Feb 2007

convert 5.1 to 2 channel

All the new audio codecs output in analog so I don't have to buy a new receiver. It would be awesome if they found a way to combine the 5.1 channel lossless into a two channel lossless analog out.

Does anyone know of an external piece of equipment that will convert 5.1 to 2 channel?
            RDV-1045 - RMB-1075 - RSP-1069 - RCD-1072 - CM7 - CM1 - ASW 608

Comment

• chrisan
              • Feb 2008

My Wishes

Needs to scale and upconvert my legacy DVD collection so I don't need a separate DVD player for my old favorites. Chris

Comment

• bzrk
                • Oct 2005

Number 1: That is is available within the next 6 months!!!

For the rest... well i trust rotel.
                Gr. Sebastian

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"