X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rman01138
    • Feb 2008

Rotel RMB-1095.

I bought a pair of B&W 703 speakers and B&W HT7 center. I am using a Yamaha RXV-1500 reciever to run my speakers, I am interested in buying a Rotel RMB-1095 amp. I would like to know if the amp will really make a difference in sound and performence.

Thanks.
  • rdram
    • Mar 2005

That depends. Your Yamaha is a 7.1 receiver. The 1095 is a five channel amp. Do you need the other 2 channels? As far as the difference in sound and performance, I owned an Integra 7.1 a few years back, and added the 1095. It was worth every dollar. Soundstage just opened up, better dynamics. Much improved bass response. Rotel seems to be a good match with B&W, so its probably a worthwhile upgrade. Have you auditioned? Yours ears should be the final judge.

RD

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I believe Rotel test their equipment with B&W speakers, so there is already a synergy there. As previously mentioned, the 1095 is a 5 channel amp, this will provide you better options, i.e. bi-amping, and most importantly an overall increase in your acoustic performance. You certainly won't be disappointed, but you should certainly listen to a simular setup prior to purchase.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Ted
        • May 2006

I think the 1095 would be a great addition to your set up. Have you considered the 1085? I've read a few reviews by people who had a 1075 or 1095 and switched to the 1085 and liked it better. Yes, the 1085 is only 100W/channel, but my understanding is they are just different, so 120W or 200W/channel of a 1075 or 1095 is not necessarily better than the 1085's 100W. And cost-wise, the 1085 is a couple hundred more than the 1075, but several hundred less than the 1095.

Otherwise, I think you'd still be very happy with the 1095 if you have your heart set on that.
        Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• Wardo
          • May 2006

IMHO, you need to either get the 1095 and a new pre-pro or get the Rotel RSX-1067. If you bought the 1095 you would have a VERY weak link, your RXV1500 and I you will not hear how the 1095 can truly perform. So if money is a concern, just replace you receiver with a better one from Rotel. If at a later time you decide that you need more power then get the RMB-1095, it is a GREAT amp!

I am telling you this because I was in a similar position. When I first bought my 1095 I had the DSP-A1 for my pre-pro. At the time, I didn’t know how bad the combo was until I bought the RSP 1068. That pre-pro switch was dramatic to say the least, I was awestruck. I don’t think that the Yamaha is a bad product, I think it was more of a system synergy problem.

So, my opinion, replace the Yamaha first. Goodluck!

Comment

• rman01138
            • Feb 2008

wrong reply
            Last edited by rman01138; 17 February 2008, 20:17 Sunday.

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

Only problems with the Yamahas (might be corrected on the newest models) is that the pre-output (line level) was always low so you needed to really adjust for that factor. I have a 1080 to push the L/R and all the other speakers are almost -5db or more to get them balanced.
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• ninja12
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Wardo
                IMHO, you need to either get the 1095 and a new pre-pro or get the Rotel RSX-1067. If you bought the 1095 you would have a VERY weak link, your RXV1500 and I you will not hear how the 1095 can truly perform. So if money is a concern, just replace you receiver with a better one from Rotel. If at a later time you decide that you need more power then get the RMB-1095, it is a GREAT amp!

I am telling you this because I was in a similar position. When I first bought my 1095 I had the DSP-A1 for my pre-pro. At the time, I didn’t know how bad the combo was until I bought the RSP 1068. That pre-pro switch was dramatic to say the least, I was awestruck. I don’t think that the Yamaha is a bad product, I think it was more of a system synergy problem.

So, my opinion, replace the Yamaha first. Goodluck!
                I have a 1095 that's driving my 803s, HTM3s, and SCMS. I switched out my receiver from a RX-V2500 and went with the Anthem D2. So Rotel, I just couldn't resist the D2. Anyway, oh my!!!!! What a difference that made. My complete sound field just open right up. I was hearing detail that I never heard with my RX-V2500. Yes, there was a big price difference between the two; but, it was worth it. I'm not saying that you need to get a D2; but, I think you should invest in a processor if you decide to go with the 1095. Anyway, good luck on your decision.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"