X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aero993
    • Feb 2003

Setting up 7.1 with the Rotel 1066

How does one set up a 7.1 system using the 1066? Would you hook the system in this fashion:
    Front L&R
    Rear L&R
    CTR1
    CB1
    CB2
    If this is the case, are the rear speakers now placed on the sides and CB1 and CB2 placed behind the user? Sorry for asking so many questions. But, I've been looking at the users manual on line. :?:

Rotel 1095
    Rotel 1080
    B&W 604 s3
    B&W LCR 600 s3
    B&W 601 s3
    B&W 600 s3

Anthony
  • jaakan
    • Dec 2002

"Front L&R + Rear L&R + CTR1 + CB1 + CB2 " Yes

Rear channel should be off the the sides and a little forward but not half way between the front and the back.

"If this is the case, are the rear speakers now placed on the sides and CB1 and CB2 placed behind the user? Sorry for asking so many questions. But, I've been looking at the users manual on line. :?: "

Think of it this way
    5.X is 3 in the front + 2 in the back ( or 2 on the sides )
    6.X is 3 in the front + 3 in the back ( or 2 on the sides + 1 back)
    7.X is 3 in the front + 2 on the side + 2 in the back

Your on the right track.

Comment

• JohnSC
      • Jun 2002

Given 5.1 or 6.1 material, does the 1066 derive the signal for the additional speaker/s?

John

Comment

• fhidayat
        • Oct 2002

Guys,
        For those that already have 6.1 or 7.1, is the experience justify the expense? the reason I am asking is because I feel that CB speakers are underutilized, unless the movie has enough information for the CB. I bought a pair of speaker for CB, and while still deciding for the extra amplification (RB1050 or 1070), I hooked up the speakers for 2 channels system in the other room, and has been enjoying it more. I hope 6.1/7.1 is not going to be a repeat of the Dolby ProLogic dissappointment, that I painfully remember (since I invest on the receiver and speakers to do that, and didn't feel it was a worthwhile investment)

:banana:
        :banana:

Comment

• jaakan
          • Dec 2002

1066 mixed/blends for the extra channels or missing channels.
          5.1/6.1 to 4.0 or 6.1 or 7.1

You don't need a DVD with a EX/ES sound track to use the extra channels. Just make sure the EX/ES ( Says PLII on it ) button is pushed. it will say DD EX in the display even if the movie is just DD5.1.

Justify the expense , Hmmm, that is up to you. I like how my 4 channel setup sounds.

Comment

• jpossum
            • Jan 2003

Isn't Rotel's XS features supposed to provide for 6.1 or 7.1 automatically? I didn't think you had to press the DPII button

Comment

• jpossum
              • Jan 2003

Isn't Rotel's XS features supposed to provide for 6.1 or 7.1 automatically? I didn't think you had to press the DPII button

Comment

• jaakan
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by jpossum
                Rotel's XS is automatic but you can decode a DD5.1 on a system 6/7.1 as straight DD5.1 or expanded. By pressing the DPII button. It could be a firmware bug that was never fixed but I don't think so. That button did the same thing on all the RSP1066s, maybe 50+, I have come across V1.37 to V1.48.

Note: All channels test 6/7.1 systems are on. Also Some disc DD EX sound tracks are not flagged as DDEX but are EX.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"