X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

RB 1091 with 803D ?

Has anybody tried this combo, and if so how is the sound?
  • shadow 8
    • Aug 2004

Not quite on point, but I heard the 803D with the 1092 at my dealers and thought they sounded great. Very comparable to the Mcintosh 402 for far less than half the price IMO.

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

Hi Shadow8
      I don't know the sound of the Mcintosh.Is it warm, neutral or? meaning the sound of the Rotel and B&W combo?And does it have weigth and punch in the bass?I hear a lot of Erasure and Pet Shop Boys,and they don't spend a lot of money on the recording,so it is not always good sounding records. So I need a warm/neutral with punch and weigth in the bass.
      I currently got the RB 1090 power and RSP 1098 pre/pro and RCD 1072 cd player with AudioQuest cables.

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

RB-1090 is the better the amplifier over the 1092 or 1091 according to some people on this forum. Have a search. Although from someones review of the two they rated the bass to be very good but the same on both amplifiers. I can't remember but I think the test was done on 803D's.

Comment

• shadow 8
          • Aug 2004

Mcintosh is warm and powerful sounding especially in the bass and lower midrange with a sweet treble and very articulate midrange. Their gear is extemely good sounding. The Rotel matched it in the bass, a little brighter in the treble and not quite as clear in the mids, but close. All things considered, it was very close. The Mac is better but not for the difference in money between the two.

Comment

• Mikael
            • Aug 2007

Thanks guys
            Looks like a have to try it out at home,I can't try in the store because Rotel is in one store and B&W in another here in Denmark,very annoying.

Comment

• Mig17
              • Jan 2008

Audio quest cables always are softer sound which I dont like
              If you can try some other cables

Comment

• Mikael
                • Aug 2007

I love the softer sound as you call it,but I wouldn't call it soft,I would call it warm and powerfull.Have you heard the new Colombia interconnect, it is a killer cable.It has lost of details and full mid and powerfull bass.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"