X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minelle
    • Aug 2007

803d vs 803s vs 804

My dilema is whether to go for the 804s or 803s or 803d. I plan to use them for 60% HT and 40% music. My budget is US$ 15,000. My preference is clean deep mid bass.

My current sysyem is as follows:

pair of N805 for rears
    pair of 602 S3 for surrond
    pair of DS6 for surrond
    velodyne HGS 18 sub
    Tanny Eyris DCC centre
    Denon A1XVA receiver

Should I go for the 804s and get my self a better amp for the fronts or should I go for better fronts? Should I also change my centre with a comparable b&w centre? I like my current setup but it falls short when I listen to music, the punch is just not there. Would appreciate any suggestions on my system and upgrade possibilities.
  • Pedro
    • Jan 2006

If your interest is HT The 804S could pleasure you. They don´t have good basses, but your sub could help in this way.

The 803D is the best choice for Stereo music. They are incredible, don´t harsh, very smooth at top end, with the more heaviest bass among the three. I´ve bought it to use in my stereo and multichannel system

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hi Pedro,

Personaly I will go for 803S
      So you have a beautiful harmonic case, powerful lows and with the 805s to a match perfect.

the 803D they are wonderful but with yours it centers them task that the 803S is decidedly better.

omar

Comment

• Pedro
        • Jan 2006

Sorry didn´t undertand why you consider 803S better than 803D????? For me the 803D have powerful bass, and incredible highs without being fatigue or bright

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

The 803D is noticeably better in the bass than either the 803S or 804S. If that is the main area of concern then the 803D is the speaker of choice. It also has a much better tweeter.

No matter what speakers you choose get the matching center channel. It will make a huge different with movies and music. The HTM2D is the match for the 803D and the HTM3S is the match for both the 803S and the 804S.

Eric

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hi Pedro,

the mail was for minelle....

but the 803D with center htm3s is not a perfect macht.
            803D with htm2d Ok
            803S with htm3s ok
            but not mixing...D and S serie's..

for 2 channel the 803D I'm with you the 803D are better from 803s but for
            very fanatics....

Omar

Comment

• Pedro
              • Jan 2006

OK Style, sorry my mistake

Course, the 803D will work fine just with HTM2D

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"