X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim_D
    • Nov 2003

1068/hd-a2

Hey guys, I noticed something while watching Batman Begins on HD-DVD (HD-A2 player). When I bitstream via Toslink either Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby True HD, my Rotel 1068 indicates the signal is DTS???

Does the 1068 think the signal is DTS due to the higher bandwidth signal or do you think I have something setup incorrectly?

Thanks,
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Actually, that's the nice thing about the A2's that the A3's don't have. It will convert all better then DTS sound formats into full bit-rate DTS signals when you are using the optical/coaxial outputs. So you are getting better sound, don't change anything!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Tim_D
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Actually, that's the nice thing about the A2's that the A3's don't have. It will convert all better then DTS sound formats into full bit-rate DTS signals when you are using the optical/coaxial outputs. So you are getting better sound, don't change anything!

Kevin D.
      Thanks Kevin D, I thought I had something configured wrong.... So if I understand you correctly, the signal is being converted to DTS at a higher bitrate than regular DTS. So does it matter whether Dolby True HD or Dolby Digital + is selected or do both end up at the same bitrate?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

You got it. Of course, a signal with no loss (True-HD) would probably sound better lossy (DTS) then a lossy signal (DD+) converted to another lossy signal.

Of course at this point, you probably wouldn't notice a difference.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"