X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluespower
    • Sep 2005

RC-995 » What a Nice Pre-Amp

I just got finished installing an early Christmas present to myself, an RC-995. I have this mated with an RB-981, RDP-980, Philips CD player, Thorens TD160, Teac 4300, and B&W 602 S3s. All I can say is that I'm absolutely delighted! This is my office system where I go to mainly pull out the LPs.

I'd been using an RTC-965 as my pre for the last few years mainly because my wife enjoyed having a tuner. She hasn't used it much this year and I started to get the hots to do what I've been wanting to do for some time and buy a good 2-chan pre. I was sort of positioned to buy an RC-1070 when I spied an RC-995 on AudiogoN at he right price with the right credentials (1 owner, box, manual, and remote).

While I can't say that I had the opportunity to compare it side-by-side with the 1070 or the 1082 all I wanted to say is that it was a noticiable upgrade for my system. If there are any of you out there that are in a similar frame of mind or are on the fence, go for it. For under $400 your ears will thank you for it!
    Bluespower
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Great acquisition, Bluespower!
    I am a die-hard advocate of having a ‘good’ pre for 2-ch. It is so often the one component that is overlooked, but has such a significant influence in the performance of your system.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Bluespower
      • Sep 2005

wkhanna,

I am an absolute believer now. About two years ago I added a ModWright 2-chan pre (with pass thru) to my 1068/1095 combo. That gave me just what I wanted for my main system.
      Bluespower

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"