X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unclemick
    • May 2007

RLC-1040 died??

Hello Rotelians,

So I bought an RLC-1040 about 2 months ago... once I got it home, turned it on... DOA.... so I took it back and got another... everything was working great until last night when i went into my living room and i saw that the RLC display said, "failure: Vin too low". Of course reading thru the manual says absolutely nothing about that being displayed. I power cycled, unplugged everything, check the breaker, tried other outlets, etc... and same thing. Once I click the select or the set up button, the screen goes black. I check the voltage coming out of the wall, 121 volts... Is this the second RLC to die on me? Anyone else have problems with bum RLCs? Anyone else have this display reading? I'm sure I'll need to have this serviced, I'm just wondering who may have had a similar experience... This is the 3rd piece of Rotel gear that's failed on me and I'm really questioning Rotel build quality at this point.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I have a RLC -1040 and have had it since they were released. Only problem I have encountered is sometimes when I come home I will see my amp & preamp on. I was told by Rotel that when the 1040 senses Vin too low it will shut down completely and then power up when voltage is returned to near-normal levels. When it powers back up it will cause all components on standby mode to power up too.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Well, I believe the RLC's still have the one year replacement warranty on them. So you should be able to get it exchanged no problem.

Not that it helps your situation, but the RLC's are made by APC in a non-Rotel factory.

Kevin D.

Comment

• unclemick
        • May 2007

Originally posted by miner
        I was told by Rotel that when the 1040 senses Vin too low it will shut down completely and then power up when voltage is returned to near-normal levels. When it powers back up it will cause all components on standby mode to power up too.
        Well maybe that happened to me, however it refuses to return to it's normal state when the voltage returns... As for being fabricated by APC in a non-Rotel factory, I would think that Rotel would take responsibility for build-quality regardless as it's their name on the front.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"