X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Do you care about processing 5.1 hi rez PCM to 7.1 with new RSP 1069

I curios to know how many people have a 7.1 setup and have HD DVD/BD or both and want to be able to process 5.1 hirez PCM to 7.1.

I am hoping it shows a lot of people are interested in the new RSP 1069 and a lot of people have BD and or HD DVD with a 7.1 suround system.
    Yes I have 7.1 and HD DVD/BD and care about being able to processes hi rez 5.1 PCM to 7.1
    28.57%
    Yes I have a 7.1 system, but dont own a BD or HD DVD player
    16.67%
    No I dont have a 7.1 system so I dont care
    52.38%
    I dont understand the poll
    2.38%
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

No option for "I have a 7.1 system, but don't mind listening the the soundtrack the way it was mixed."

Its like aspect ratio to me. I would never watch a 2.35 movie in some cropped or zoomed mode...because thats not how it was meant to be watched. I guess I feel the same with the sound. You might actually decrease the overall desired effect of the sound in some cases if you send the signal to places it wasn't really designed to be. Probably not noticeable to most people, but an idea.

But it would be nice I guess to have the option.

Comment

• apodaca
      • Jun 2006

Even for those with a 5.1 setup - Dont you want to process PCM??? (multiple crossover speaker settings, cinema EQ, tone control etc?)

I think we all want to process PCM and abeing able to apply Rotel XS or PLIIx to the PCM feed is not asking for much more.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

If they Don't , I'm going Pioneer Elite vxs94tsxi for my new preamp.

Comment

• Allend
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
          No option for "I have a 7.1 system, but don't mind listening the the soundtrack the way it was mixed."

Its like aspect ratio to me. I would never watch a 2.35 movie in some cropped or zoomed mode...because thats not how it was meant to be watched. I guess I feel the same with the sound. You might actually decrease the overall desired effect of the sound in some cases if you send the signal to places it wasn't really designed to be. Probably not noticeable to most people, but an idea.

I agree with this.
          Allen

Comment

• Nuthed
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Audiophiliac

This gets my vote. :T

Its like using PL or 2X to listen to 2 channel music. I don't care how some people think it sounds. I listen to 2 channel with 2 channels. I mean I might as well use the "ambience" modes built into my Sony CDP. Hall, Theater, Cathedral and so on.
            Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
            RB980-BX driving mains
            Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
            Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
            Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
            SVS PB-12

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"