X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hurin
    • Sep 2009

RSP 1069 and no 7.1 pcm

I have a 6.0 speaker setup with an RSP 1069 and a panasonic BD60.

If I set sound to pcm on the player I can only get a 5.1 signal. There is no sound coming from my back channel and the 'Sb' light on the display does not light up.
    Now this happens even when I tried playing a Blu-Ray with a 7.1 HD Master Audio track and a DVD with a DTS 6.1 track.

According to the manual the BD60 is capable of outputting 7.1 PCM, so is the problem that the RSP cannot accept more than 5.1 PCM?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I had an RSP-1069 hooked up with a Sony BDP-S550 and got a 7.1 PCM just fine. I also had a Denon DVD-3800BDCI hooked up with an RSP-1069 and only got 5.1 PCM. Why that would happen is beyond me. One of the many frustrations of HDMI and model to model compatibility.

You should try setting up the RSP-1069 for a 7.0 and a 7.1 speaker system, if you haven't already, just to see if it's a down mixing issue with the preamp or something else. Since Denon uses a Panasonic Unifier chip in the DVD-3800BDCI it could be an issue with that device and the Rotel. That is a little bit of a stretch, but it is the world of HDMI.

Eric

Comment

• hurin
      • Sep 2009

Thanks, unfortunately changing the setup to 7.0 did not help. Guess there is not much that can be done about it.

The number of Blu Ray discs with a 7.1 soundtrack is surprisingly small, so its not a major problem.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"