X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skippy
    • Jul 2006

Which chipset in RSP-1068 and RDV-1092

Hi,

I like to know which chipset and brand/type (DAC), is in the RDV-1092 and in the RSP-1068. I could not find it in this forum.

Does anyone know?

thx,

GJ
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

I for one couldn't tell you, but, I am amazed everytime I see a question as such.
    People get far to caught up in the discrete hardware used in many components, while it actually doesn't mean it will sound good in ones system.
    The ability to process new codecs is one thing, as there are format changes which may or may not be supported by a device, but above and beyond, for the lions share of people, its about "how does it sound in my system".
    People who inquire about such things for re-inventing the wheels sake, would be money ahead to sell their current gear and move up the food chain. I am not trying to offend, or hammer on anyone, this thread just just started a train of thought down the tracks.
    Don't get me wrong, I have a couple of "tweeked" items in my sytem, but I was at 90% of where I wanted to be sonically before doing so, and the investment was worth it to get me to 97%, but I certainly didn't purchase based on which dac was used, or which coupling, bypass caps, or resistors were used in their circuit design.
    It was about in home trial and error demos, before I found it.

Comment

• skippy
      • Jul 2006

Hi,

I'm very satisfied with my gear. But i cannot find the brand/type of the chipset, while i'm inquisitive about it.

So what I understand in your reaction is not my motivation for the question.

Ok

GJ

Comment

• lotones
        • Apr 2006

According to the Rotel site, the 1068 uses Crystal Semiconductor advanced microprocessors to handle Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding. According to this Stereophile review (http://www.guidetohometheater.com/su...tel/index.html) the DSP chip is a 32-bit Cirrus Logic CS49400.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• skippy
          • Jul 2006

Thanks Lotones

GJ

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"