X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

RSP1068 display bug

I have a repeatable bug on the display of the RSP1068:

When changing from External Input (universal player) to another input (such as Tuner which is actually a satellite tuner) with an optical input (and it's currently ON, with 48k pcm), the display continues to show "BYPASS" even though it really is playing DPLII from the optical input (because I can hear the tuner and the center channel).

The only way to update the display is to select another input (such as CD which is actually the universal player but defaults to coaxial input), and then switch back to Tuner.

This bug did not exist with V1.1.7, but started when I updated to the latest V1.2.2

Has anyone experienced this bug? Where can I report such a bug to Rotel?

Thanks
    Christophe
    Last edited by csuzor; 05 May 2005, 16:59 Thursday.
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

I tested this on a RSP-1068 with version 1.2.2 and it did not happen. The unit worked as it should. You may want to install the software again. Or try a reset first and see if that helps.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

I have reinstalled the software (1.2.2 050304), reset the default config, and the same display bug persists.

I have taken some photos to explain:

I have CD on coaxial in 1, satellite TV tuner (TPS) on optical in 2 (same bug with optical in 1) using Tuner selection, and SACD on Multi Input. I have renamed the inputs for clarity.

Here I am playing a HDCD, so CD input automatically switches to HDCD decode, but it is the same with normal CD except CD default mode is set to DTS Neo.

example 1:
      Set input to Multi Input, fine, display shows BYPASS
      Set input to TPS, everything works fine except the bottom display, which still shows BYPASS, even though the Dolby Pro Logic lights are shown! Audio is fine.
      Touch the HF or LF, which changes the display, then wait 3s, and display returns to correct display, Dolby PLII M (same bug if TPS default mode is DTS Neo)

example 2:
      Set input to CD, fine, display shows HDCD
      Set input to TPS, everything works fine except the bottom display, which still shows HDCD, even though the Dolby Pro Logic lights are shown! Audio is fine.
      Touch the HF or LF, which changes the display, then wait 3s, and display returns to correct display, Dolby PLII M (same bug if TPS default mode is DTS Neo)

Is there no one else with this bug?
      Can I hope to get it fixed by Rotel? Is there a workaround?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"