X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimPap
    • Jul 2007

Rotel 1095 won't turn off

I was noticing the other day that my 1095 would not flash the circuit protection LCDs when coming on. Upon closer inspection, I found that the amp was staying on regardless of the 12volt trigger and/or the front power button.

This sounds to me to be an issue with contacts being stuck close.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what was involved in repairing it.

As our local UPS service hasn't reached their quota for damaging customer packages, I'd rather not ship it off.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Wow, so 12v trigger set to off, front button out, you still get audio out of it?

Sounds like the triggering relay is stuck on. That a new one for me. I've seen 12v trigggers stop working, but not stuck on.

Kevin D.

Comment

• JimPap
      • Jul 2007

12v trigger set to on/off, wire in/out, front power button on/off......non of it does anything to affect the constant power on condition.

For now, I'm having to unplug the amp from the wall in order for it to go off.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Disconnect your 12v trigger wires... If the amp still comes on (with the switch set to ON for use of them) then there's a problem with the 12v relay board in the amp. If it doesn't turn on (ie acts normal), then the problem is something is sending enough voltage through the 12v wires to trigger the amp to instantly turn on as soon as it gets power.

Remember the blue light in the front is always on (which I think they should've made it dim or something when off)...but if you turn the 12v trigger switch to off and press the button (on the front) in, it should trip the checks. If it does nothing in either the on or off position there is definitely something wrong on the boards inside the amp.

Also test by sending a signal to the speakers (play a cd or something) so that you know for sure if the amp turns off or on and for some reason the lights aren't coming on (though you should hear the relays switch).
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• JimPap
          • Jul 2007

PewterTA,

Thanks for responding.

For the moment, the amp has returned to normal behavior. I don't expect this to last, but this at least tells me that it wasn't a fuse or something that when broken stays broken until replaced.

The behavior was that it wouldn't turn off regardless of front power button position, 12volt trigger position on the back, whether or not the 12 volt trigger wire plugged in. Simply, it wouldn't turn off unless I unplugged it.

As to how I'd know that the amp was still on, I would leave the cable tuner on till last.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"