1095 amp on all the time?!?! more 1095 issues?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lukky99
    • Nov 2002

1095 amp on all the time?!?! more 1095 issues?

My 1095 amp has been acting a little weird lately...I'll explain:

I have it in combo with the 1066, and connected with the 12V trigger line. Recently I noticed it feels warm all the time, even when the system is turned off by the 1066. So I started to investigate. Turns out I can even turn off the front power switch on the amp, disconnect the 12V line, and the amp still powers speakers, as long as it receives signal from the 1066.

It seems that the use of the 12V trigger line, switch, and front power switch have no effect on the amp...it is on all the time, powering whatever speakers are connected to it.

Has anyone ever seen this, or have any advice....it's only about 1.5y old, so it's still under warranty.

Thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That's definalty not normal so I'd get it repaired.

Comment

• lcajiga
      • Aug 2003

Lukky, I think there is a switch by the side of the 12v trigger that needs to be ON for the 12v trigger to work properly. Maybe I'm shooting stars but do you have moved that switch lately?

Regards,
      Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
      Regards,
      Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

If you have the 12-volt activiated, there should be a sequence when powering up or powering down. Turn on the 1066, and a few seconds later the 1095's LED lights in front should all light up and then slowly fade-indicating the amp is now running. On shutdown, the 1066 goes off and a few seconds later the 1095 LEDs should again all light up on the front and then slowly fade-the amp is now in standby.

Comment

• lukky99
          • Nov 2002

thanks for the replies....

yeah, things used to work as noted, but now none of the front lights appear with turn-on, nor turn-off. The position of the 12V trigger switch appears to be irrelevant (I've tried both). Interestingly, right now, the 12V line isn't even connected, and the front power switch is off and the amp is still on, warm and powering speakers!! Like, what in heck goes on?!?! $3000 (canadian) for an amp that does this after 1.5 years of immaculate use.

Needless to say, I am not impressed. And to think I was considering adding the 1090 to power fronts.....I'll be thinking long and hard about that now.

Now comes the time to deal with Rotel I guess.

Again, thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

Whats fuss? Just take it back, you still have warranty. Surely one bad unit doesn't say anything about the overall quality of the 1090's. Anything can broke down sometime, thats why there is a warranty.

So take it back, get it repaired.

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by lukky99
              thanks for the replies....

yeah, things used to work as noted, but now none of the front lights appear with turn-on, nor turn-off. The position of the 12V trigger switch appears to be irrelevant (I've tried both). Interestingly, right now, the 12V line isn't even connected, and the front power switch is off and the amp is still on, warm and powering speakers!! Like, what in heck goes on?!?! $3000 (canadian) for an amp that does this after 1.5 years of immaculate use.

Needless to say, I am not impressed. And to think I was considering adding the 1090 to power fronts.....I'll be thinking long and hard about that now.

Now comes the time to deal with Rotel I guess.

Again, thanks for everyone's input.
              Dont' worry. Sit back and have a tall one. 8x) Contact Rotel and have them deal with it under warranty. You still have 3.5yrs left. It may have been caused by a power surge that you didn't even know about.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"