X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • landshark99
    • Dec 2006

RSX-1057 and losing sub

I keep losing the sub output when i have RCA coming in from my ipod or other source. Everything else plays fine, i just lose the subwoofer.

The only way around it is to go into the 1057's menu and reset to factory. Anyone have a clue why this is happening? All the other sources are fine, DVD, SAT, XBOX 360 etc...just the rca in.. Its a pain because of the settings i have to enter in every time i reset!

I have tried to switch the rca's and I have used different inputs on the rear of the 1057 as well and it still refuses to recognize the sub. I have the all the speakers set to 80hz and the sub to take over at 80... any help would be appreciated! If you need any other info let me know! thanks guys.

i have a HSU STF-3 12" sub and running one RCA to the sub.

Thanks

Chris
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

I would check all your input settings a well as the sub settings within the receiver.You may have set the sub off on the input you have for the ipod.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Do you listen to those sources in stereo only? The analog inputs have a BYPASS mode that gives you just stereo, no sub. Hitting the STEREO button multiple times will cycle through stereo bypass and regular stereo.

Kevin D.

Comment

• landshark99
        • Dec 2006

Yup i cycle through them, no sub. when i setup my system i had sub working, then after awhile when i plug it back in or turn it on no more sub, until i reset the system. Its very strange... i have a idea could the power be a culprit here mess with the 1057 electrically somehow? I have had weird problems with the 2 HDMI pass through as well?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Are you routinely unplugging the unit? The units do have issues with power glitches and quick surges doing strange things to the eeprom. That would explain why a factory default fixes things. Usually it just defaults the setup, but it's not out of the question to screw it up.

If you are unplugging it because of power concerns, or you do have strange power issues; I would recommend a UPS (battery backup) unit for it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• landshark99
            • Dec 2006

Thanks Kevin, i think it does have something to do with the power here, this is an old house and i will be moving soon to a newer one with better wiring, but i also have been looking at the rotel power solutions and have my eye on a RLC-1040 for a good price so i might have to pony up for one better then my current power strip (its not a cheap one... )

One more question, will the 1040 be good enough for me to even the power dips out? and protect me? Iam not that knowledgeable with the power side of things.

Thanks for your help, i will do some experimentation and see what i come up with and somehow find room for the RLC if thats what i need.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"