X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

amp to receiver ?

I recieved my amp a sunfire 300x2 which i'm going to connect to my rotel rsx1056 next week.My question is once the amp is connected do i need to do anything within the reciever settings.Not referring to speaker calibration but would i need to turn off the main speakers off within the rec. since they'll be coonected to the amp.Or will the amp automatically take care of the mains.sorry if it's a silly question but i've never connected or used an amp to rec. before.thanks
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Are you sticking with a 5.1 speaker system or moving to a 7.1 system? Are you going to use any of the receiver amps to power speakers in a second zone?

If you are sticking with a 5.1 system then there is nothing you need to do. Just connect the new power amp to the preamp outputs, connect the speakers to the new amp, recalibrate the system, and you're done.

Eric

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Thanks,appreciate the response.And yes it is a 5.1 system.Just hope the amp isnt overkill.

Comment

• cfrizz
        • Apr 2006

There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to powering speakers!
        Cathy
        ---------
        Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"