X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

speaker settings ?

Hoping someone could help me out.I upgraded my speakers to System Audios.Sa1750's(main)sa720av(center)sa505's(surrou nds).1 of the surrounds tweeter's is not working right now a replacement is on the way however.Anyhow when i did the speaker settings in the rotel rsx1056 with the RS meter i expected a change from my previous setup.My fronts changed from 7 to 8 my center 3 to 5 but my surrounds went to max and even then it did not hit the 75db mark it ended at about 72 or 73db on the meter.Could someone tell me what's up with this.Could it be because of one of the tweeters not working?would appreciate the help.thanks
    In 5ch mode you can really hear my fronts over the rears.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The tweeter not working may have a little bit to do with it but not that much. Since an SPL meter is "listening" to all of the frequencies not having the tweeter working would have only a small (if any) affect on difference in volume.

There's a couple of reasons why the volume is so different. If the sensitivity of the rear speakers is less than the front and center that would make a difference. If the rears are farther away (don't forget about height of them) that would make a difference. Also the direction they are pointed in will make a difference. If more than one of these apply, then the issue is compounded.

The last thing to do is lower the volume of the front and center speakers. If you lower the center to 0 and the fronts to 3 you gain 5dB of gain to work with for the rears.

I hope this helps.

Eric

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hifiguymi
      The tweeter not working may have a little bit to do with it but not that much. Since an SPL meter is "listening" to all of the frequencies not having the tweeter working would have only a small (if any) affect on difference in volume.

There's a couple of reasons why the volume is so different. If the sensitivity of the rear speakers is less than the front and center that would make a difference. If the rears are farther away (don't forget about height of them) that would make a difference. Also the direction they are pointed in will make a difference. If more than one of these apply, then the issue is compounded.

The last thing to do is lower the volume of the front and center speakers. If you lower the center to 0 and the fronts to 3 you gain 5dB of gain to work with for the rears.

I hope this helps.

Eric
      Thanks,so you know my mains are 4-8 ohm 90 db,center is 4-8ohm 89db,my surrounds are 8ohm 88db.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"