X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

703's or 805s' for fronts ?

I was wondering what the opinion was on 703 model versus the 805s for fronts.
    I have a pair of 804s' on order and still have a set of 703's which have more speakers then the 805s' that are coming tuesday. Would you use the 805s' for fronts or the 703's for fronts. I have an htm3s for the center and can use the 703's either as fronts or surrounds.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Depends on two things...

Do you want more bass? Go with the 703s.

Do you want better mid/hi range, imaging, clarity, and decent bass? Go with the 805s.

Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Bill Meekins
      • Jun 2005

I am currently in the same delimma. I had my ear on the 703's at the store, and I played them side-by-side with the 805S's. I thought they both sounded great, but noticed that the 703's had slightly more bass to them. However, it would be nice to have the upgraded features that the 800 series has. And seeing that they are roughly the same price (after stands for the 805) I'm stuck.

I watch mostly movies, while my wife listens to classical, jazz, and country. Movies would be the majority of use though.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

You're going to be using the 805s as rears once your 804s arrive, right? If that's the case, throw the 805 in the back that way you get use to the 703front/805rear combination. And when you get your 804s to replace the 703s, you'll already be use to that surround sound, but can get a more direct comparison between the 703 and 804.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• weijst
          • Jun 2004

I agree with audioqueso.

I'd say send those 805S to the back and benefit from:
          - the full range features the 703s have to offer as front channels
          - the combination HTM3S wit 703's (both FST) (remember the combination 'old' HTM1 with 703's was a commonly seen combo...).
          Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"