X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rabbit
    • May 2007

Upgrading software rsx 1055

Hi wandering if anyone can help me. trying to upgrade software for rsx 1055 using hyperterminal private edition. I am following the technical software information which I printed off the rotel website. I make a connection but when I get to the part where it says press 1 for the memory to be erased it does nothing when I press it. Why is this so, please help. P.S I did move the dim switches to ON.
    Last edited by rabbit; 06 May 2007, 04:15 Sunday.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Does your computor have an rs232 serial port, or is it usb with a serial port adaptor?
    Do you have the correct comm port selected?
    Hyperterminal is probably not seeing the receiver.

Comment

• rabbit
      • May 2007

yes it is a rs232 with db9 rj45 connections

hyperteminal gives me the download setup screen and gives me the options 1,2 and 3 but the keyboard is useless at this point. The cursor continues to flash but nothing happens after I press 1. It does say it is connected at the bottom.
      Just wandering with the dip swithes at the back how do they actually work all you have to do is push them down a little bit to ON or am I doing something wrong there. And yes I am on com1 which is the only port that it picks up tried other ports but com1 seems to be the one that it picks up on

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

If you get the option screen, the dip switches are right. Did you make the cable yourself or are you using a cable from Rotel? It sounds like the transmit wire on the computer side is not pinned right.

Otherwise make sure the ACSII setup and emulation mode is correct. I can't remember but you may have to hit enter after the 1.

If all that checks out, go to the 1098's software download page and get the MTTY terminal program and the upgrade instructions for it. It will work with the 1055 and it's a lot more stable product the Hyperterminal.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Tha Freak
          • Jul 2003

I have a 1055, I never made a update...what do I have to win from that update ?

I think I had v2.25 out of the box...
          - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

V2.25 to V2.26
            - Eliminated popping sound heard during DSP and Digital mode transitions.
            - Set surround mode to default to DPLII when selected rather than reverting to PCM 2CH when changing channels with Digital Cable or Satellite sources.
            Not worth it unless the above bugs you.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"