X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

1068 and progressive scan

Hello,

I'm confused with the following exerpt from the manual, pg 17 - "When a video input or inputs are selected for progressive mode on the Other Options menu, the conversion from composite or S-Video to Component Video output is not available for those inputs. The conversion from composite or S-Video to Component Video Output is only available for the other video inputs."

If I use the 1068 to do my video source switching and my connections include S-Video, Component and Composite, will I be required to activate the "progressive" mode when I wish to watch a DVD in progressive. Likewise, deactivate "progressive" mode when I want to watch satallite which is connected via S-video? Or, is this simply stating that there is no upcoversion to component level when activated for a specific input in progressive mode. I thought progressive was only available via component connections anyways?

Sorry about the long winded message - I'm a little confused.

Thanks 8O
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

That is a little unclear isn't it! I think, (think :roll: ) what that means is because progressive signals are only available through component cables that upsampling is not available, which is kind of redundant and obvious. At least if that's what they're saying...lol

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• tone81
      • Mar 2004

I'm new to this forum and rotel, but I did lots of research and this confused the heck out of me also. I finally bought the 1098 when I realized one of the latest F/W fixes made this work like the 1068. But I think that progressive setting only sets weather or not the OSD will be available when a progressive signal is passing through. OSD will have to interupt the progressive signal, because Rotel did not want to try to superimpose it on a progressive signal? At least that's how I intrepretted it. But then the real question is what would that have to do with the up-conversion anyway?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"