X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corysmith01
    • Feb 2005

The used market : RSX-1056 vs RSX-1055

The title pretty much says it all. I'm searching the used market and want to make my first Rotel purchase. There's no way I can afford a new model, so the 1057 is out. But, I do see both the 1056 and the 1055 pop up frequently. Actually, my local dealer has dealer demos of both, separated by about $100. The only problem is I don't know which to chose. Is there clear benefits to getting the 1056. OR, is it better to save the dough because the differences aren't that great.

Can anyone tell me what the biggest differences bt. the two units are (briefly of course). And, can anyone make a definitive suggestion on which is better, i.e. get the 1056 b/c it's definitely better OR, save your money b/c the 1055 is only slightly different.

Thanks for your help. Can't wait to get my first piece of Rotel gear...even if it is older and/or used. ops:
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Basically:

Better bass management
    Better options on video switching
    Better for a 7.1 system
    Better stereo sound

For a 5.1 system that's mostly for movies you probably wouldn't notice, but for $100 there's no question; get the 1056.

Kevin D.

Comment

• corysmith01
      • Feb 2005

Thanks Kevin. I really appreciate it. Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that I'm a ~75% music / 25% movies guy. I figured that, with only $100 separating them that the 1056 was probably the better option...but you never know. So, figured I'd check. Thanks again.

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

With 75% music and 25% video, I guess you won't be that happy with the 1055 nor 1056. You should consider separates. On another note, I owned the RSX-1055 for 4 years and was extremely happy with it. Myself, I don't see a reason to spend additional $100, especially if you are on a tight budget. The RSX-1055 is a great piece of kit and you can easily download the software from Rotels' website and upgrade it for free, in case the seller haven't done that yet. Just my 0.02cents

Comment

• corysmith01
          • Feb 2005

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I guess I'll need to confirm if the 1055, if going that route, has been updated/upgraded. Reason being; I just checked the Rotel site and apparently you can only perform the upgrade if you have a Windows-based PC...which I don't. No love for Mac people? What, Rotel thinks Mac guys don't like hi-fi/HT? Bummer. :roll:

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

I'm sure you can do it with your mac as well. It's not that difficult.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"