X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AngelEyes
    • Feb 2006

RSP 1068 & HTPC Hum/crackle/buzz?

Hey chaps, I hope you can help.

I finally switched from digital coaxial to 7.1 analogue connections between my HTPC and Processor to take advantage of the new sound formats.

Unfortunately the upgrade has introduced a nasty buzzing sound through the speakers. It does not sound like a normal ground loop hum as it changes all the time, as the PC does something or you move the mouse or whatever the sound changes. It is like you 'hear' the processor or HDD working via the speakers.

The buzzing continues when switching to another input but stops once the PC is off. I tried running a cable between the PC chassis and the Processor chassis but it was a half arsed attempt and I cannot be sure I really got a good connection, is this worth trying properly or can you suggest anything else?

Many thanks,

Adam

PS I think that the hum was there with the original digital connection but was much quieter, hardly noticable.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Getting normal PC noises out of a signal can be difficult. What type of sound card are you using? The more expensive one's usually have better shielding and isolation.

Might have better luck posting in the Tower of Power section as there will be more HTPC people there.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AngelEyes
      • Feb 2006

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a Creative XFI Extreme... I will also try in the other forum as you suggest.

Adam

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"