X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bayou
    • Jun 2007

Buzzing sound from Krell HTS

I hear a buzzing sound on all the inputs from my Krell HTS. I bought this couple of months ago and hooked it up only now.

Setup:
    The ac outlets are all properly grounded.
    Krell HTS is connected to a ac outlet with a 3 prong power cable.
    Rotel RMB-1095, also connected to a ac outlet with a 3 prong power cable.
    Krell and Rotel are connected (only R and L front channels) with a pair of Monster RCA cables.
    Rotel is connected to a pair of B&W 705
    A CD player is connected to Krell's coxial digital input

To identify the culprit, I connected Krell to an old Sony amp. and I hear the buzz. Also, I tried another CD player with no change.

The moment I start playing I hear a buzz along with the music. The music is definitely louder than the hum. When I pause the CD, all I hear is buzz.

When I switch to Tape (analog) with or without connecting my tape player, I hear the buzz.

Can anyone help please?

I am an experienced user and have covered the ground or so I think. Hope I am missing something and is not an issue with Krell. I don't even want to think how much it is going to cost me to send it to Krell for repair.

Any input is highly appreciated.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Guide bayou!

Since you been in the hobby for awhile I'm sure you've also attempted to check all wire by removing one at a time. But, from your post, it does seem that the problem may very well be with the Krell itself.

BTW, Nice gear. :T
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• subynube
      • Apr 2007

Remove the coax cable from your TV, and see if the buzzing goes away. If the cable is not grounded properly, then the system will buzz. This just happened to me in my new apartment, so I bought a cable ground isolator for 10 bucks at parts express and it went away. Hope this helps.

Comment

• OttoMatic
        • Jan 2007

Perhaps it's a ground loop issue. Try lifting the ground plug of the Krell with a cheater plug.
        -- Otto
        Misc Pics

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"