X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDSmith
    • Apr 2006

1067 noise/crackle

I recently purchased a used 1067. Recently it has started to intermitently crackle at times. Almost sounds like the static you hear on a bad phone line. The noise seems to occur at random times and I can hear through all my speakers. If it begins having one of its noise 'episodes' and I switch to a different source (including those not in use) I still hear it. It does not occur consistently and when it does it occur some time it will continue for a while and sometimes not. I've fiddled with my connections on one or two occassions when its occured with no effect. I had a Marantz SR7000 before hooked up to all the same components/speakers with no issues.

I've searched past forum postings about noise and I do have a very low consistent hum coming from the tweeters when the receiver is turned on, but I can't hear it unless I get up next to the speakers so that does not concern me too much.

Does the crackle describe above sound similar to the internal board issue on some early units other users have indicated Rotel has acknowledged in some products?

The dealer I bought it from has no problem with me sending the unit back to have it checked out which I'll likely do. I am going to monitor it this week.

Thanks.

Stephen
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yup, sounds just like the issue the first 1056's and 1067's had. Rotel should be able to find it and fix it.

Kevin D.
    Last edited by Kevin D; 16 May 2006, 17:14 Tuesday.

Comment

• Clepto
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Rotel never should be able to find it and fix it.
      I think you're underestimating Rotel support... (; I'm guessing you typoed?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Thanks.. Fixed.

Kevin D.

Comment

• foeth
          • Apr 2006

Owners of a hissing Rotel are thankful!

Comment

• lvhung
            • Jun 2005

sometimes my 1068 is generating te hiss
            sometimes my 1080 is generating te hiss :M
            I don't want to buy any Rotel again ;x(

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"