X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Ground loop hum on RSP1066

I had a nasty ground loop hum when I connected my Infocus X1 projector via the S-Video connection to the monitor out on my RSP-1066.I had the X1 plugged into a Panamax Max 1000+ at the side of my room.When I ran an extension cord from the Max 1000+ to my Monster HTS-5100 and plugged it into the HDTV plug the buzzing was gone.But if I ran the X1 with just the extention cord to the HTS-5100 the buzzing returned.With the X1 plugged directly into the DVD player's S-Video and unplugged from the RSP-1066 the buzzing also dissapeared.
    I also noticed very slight vertical squiggly lines (noise) running down the lenght of the screen when I ran though the RSP-1066 and that dissapeared completely when ran directly out of the DVD player (Sony DVPS7700).
    I run a 25' AR Pro series II S-vid cable direct from the DVD player to the X1.I was also using a Monster MVS1000 3' S-vid cable when I was passing the signal through the RSP-1066.
    I hope this info can help anyone that may also encounter this problem.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Sorry to hear about the problem Claude.

Here's a recent link to a thread with quite a bit of information of tracking down ground loop hums and fixing the problem.

Hope it helps.

click here

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Claude D D
      • Jan 2003

Yeah, luckily I was able to track it down quickly and find a solution that worked but it could be quite frustrating for a novice enthusiast with limited experience.

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Lucky is an understatement. I've read of people knocking their brains out in frustration with ground loop problems, which may or may not have ended up being a ground loop problem in the first place.

Congratulations!!! :T

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• danam
          • Jul 2003

sad story ... i hate these parasites noises ... grrrrr

glad u found how to get rid of it ! 8)

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"