X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karnaaj
    • Jan 2007

Got my 1095 Today!

Went into my dealer and picked up my 1095 that I had purchased over the phone while in Seattle last week (sale was ending!). What a beast!!!
    Brought it into the house and realized too late that it would in no way fit in my component rack. ops: So it currently resides on the floor next to my new TV. Looks OK there. Currently breaking it in with Led Zeppelin's House's of the Holy. Will switch over to some classical later on. Trying not to make any judgements yet, I realize this thing will take some time to break in.
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Congratulations!!
    You made a wise and great choice for an amp. May you enjoy this beast, with pleasure and happy listenings. God Bless!
    Cheers

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Congrats!!!

My 1095 took about 2 weeks to really open up and sound great. One thing I did that I noticed really helped is after a week or two of playing it (maybe about 100 hrs, maybe less) I finally just cranked it one day. Playing stuff (only one or two songs) really loud (not too loud I couldn't listen to, but loud enough) and every since that time it really opened the amp up and increased the bass output that I had felt was very lacking...

So might be something you want to try out yourself...but still get a few hours on it before you crank it up!
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Warpdrv1
        • Dec 2006

Or you could buy one used, and let someone else break it in like I did...

and save a chunk of change....

Comment

• karnaaj
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Warpdrv1
          Or you could buy one used, and let someone else break it in like I did...

and save a chunk of change....
          I lucked out and got a brand new one for $1495. Not too shabby!

Comment

• Joey_V
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by karnaaj
            I lucked out and got a brand new one for $1495. Not too shabby!
            That's not bad. :T
            Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
            Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
            System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"