X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

need some help with the RSP1066

I just got a used 1066 from Audiogon. Upgraded from a Denon AVR 2805 and so far very happy with the sound coming from the combo of 1066 with 1075 amp. I've noticed that with the "on the fly" individual channel volume adjustments needed to be readjusted each time a different input is selected. It even happens while I skip a chapter while watching the same movie. Is there a way I can lock the prefered channel volume setting and have it applied to all inputs permanently? Is this only a problem with the 1066, and fixed by the newer 1068?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The on the fly adjustments are just that, temporary adjustments. You need to properly setup of the levels with an SPL meter.

To do this, go to the OSD and navigate to TEST TONES. That's where you can adjust them permanently. Again I highly recommend picking up an SPL meter, setting correctly by ear is close to impossible.

Kevin D.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

I have a SPL meter, but when I went to the OSD to TEST TONES section, it just skips over to the next option and will not let me enter

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

You need to make sure you're in a 5 channel mode before you can get to the TT menu. So set the input to Pro Logic II before entering.

Kevin D.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

Thanks Kevin, you're always so fast on answering other's questions. One more for you, I read the manual and it stated that the OSD can only be used while the projector is used with a composite or S-video cable attached. It's kind of a pain for those that are running a FP setup, I'd have to use one of the component cable run to use as a composite cable.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Yeah, OSD over component was added on the 1068. You can get a small LCD screen generally used for car applications to use just for setup. You can typically find them pretty cheap. Even a 3" model would work fine.

However, since you don't need to access it very often, a composite signal on the green component video cable should yeild a viewable signal. So when you need to access the OSD, move the green monitor out cable to the yellow monitor out port.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rickyo
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
              Yeah, OSD over component was added on the 1068. You can get a small LCD screen generally used for car applications to use just for setup. You can typically find them pretty cheap. Even a 3" model would work fine.

However, since you don't need to access it very often, a composite signal on the green component video cable should yeild a viewable signal. So when you need to access the OSD, move the green monitor out cable to the yellow monitor out port.

Kevin D.
              Thanks Kevin D. cool advice,will try it out so i dont need to plug in my audiovox portable :W whenever i need to acces the menu

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

Is there any firmware updates on the 1066? If so, how do I update it?
                Also, one more question, when I'm watching my Video 2 or 3 inputs, the right side of the display always show the source of Video 1. For example, I have my HD DVD player as my Video1, PS3 as Video2 and HD cable as my Video3, regardless of which source I'm watching it always shows HD DVD on the right side of the display. When I'm watching Video2(PS3) it still shows HD DVD on the right side.
                Last edited by BlazeMaster; 21 February 2007, 18:27 Wednesday.

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
                  Is there any firmware updates on the 1066? If so, how do I update it?
                  Rotel support is where you will find information about warranty registration, service, software downloads, owner’s manuals and product archives.

Comment

• rickyo
                    • Jul 2006

Hi kevin sorry to b*tt in, I have the ver 1.2 rsp-1066 and for the longest time I've wanted to upgrade the firmware but bec of the horror stories that goes with it i have managed to convince myself that i dont really need it. Question is, is it really risky trying to make the firmware upgrade on my own? bec Ive heard that once its not successful it could ruin the pre-pro and render it unusable,is this true? What should I look out for in case i ever decide to go with the update? thanks.

Comment

• mjb
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

rickyo, if you're comfortable with computer things, its a breeze. If you're good at following instructions, its easy. Most of the horror stories result because the process is interupted (during software upload) which can make a boat anchor. Don't trip over the cable or abort the process. Otherwise, just follow Rotels instructions exactly.
                      - Mike

Main System:
                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• rickyo
                        • Jul 2006

Thanks mike :T Ill ask my rotel owner friend to do it for me instead

Comment

• Kevin D
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2002

If you follow the instructions for the 1068, which has a better terminal program (Hyperterminal has issues with some computers), but use the 1066 firmware file; it might be easier.

Like MJB said, if there's any issues with the setup you'll know it before the file transfer. It's unforeseen problems while transferring that causes issues. Don't do it while there's thunderstorms, do assume your laptop's battery will make it, etc..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"