X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsc61
    • Feb 2007

RSP 1068 Problem

Hello, I just signed up and have a question. My RSP 1068 has a recurring problem in that it will not accept controls from my RR1050 RC. The volume always seems to work but the other controls do not. I have tried reseting the remote with no success. It seems the only way to correct this is to unplug the 1068 from the wall for a few seconds, then it works for a while. Anybody else had this probem? Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Since it starts working after unplugging it, this probably won't apply. But I have to state it anyway.

For any functions besides volume and source, the remote needs to be in the audio mode. You you have to hit the upper left AUD button before the other functions work.

Now, I'm assuming you know that considering the power reset fixing it. I've seen bad IR receivers in the processors do similar things, so it might be that.

What type of TV do you have? A lot of plasma's produce stray IR signals that I've seen effect the units. If you do have a plasma, the next time it messes up turn the TV off and see if that corrects it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rsc61
      • Feb 2007

Yes, I do know about the remote being in the audio mode(found out the hard way). My TV is a Sony Bravia XBR LCD 40". So that should be the cause. This is a sporadic problem. I think I am going to start taking notes on the specifics ( what works and what doesn't because it changes from time to time) and then talk to Rotel or my dealer about it.

Comment

• Iggurk
        • Jun 2006

Hi!

did you tried to use new batteries?

I've recentlly changed my battries by new lithium one, and the remote wasn't working anymore, when I revert back to good alkaline it was working again.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

If power cycle fixes it without touching the remote, then I doubt it's a remote issue.

Best bet is to log it like you said and see if a pattern develops.

Kevin D.

Comment

• boxer82003
            • Apr 2006

firmware maybe have you recently updated?

i am not sure can you reflash over top of an existing one
            Main Linn Ninka
            Center Linn AV5120
            Rear Linn Ninka
            Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
            Amp Rotel RMB-1075

Comment

• jan arild
              • Oct 2005

Have you tried to hit the language button?
              I had a similar problem.

Comment

• lotones
                • Apr 2006

I have a similar "problem" with my 1068. It stops responding to remote commands. Before I found the "fix" I tried just about everything - switching off the main power switch, resetting the defaults, etc., until out of frustration I thumped it on the top with my fingers. And it worked... for a while. Now when it happens I walk across the room and lightly thump it top center, and it may work perfectly anywhere from a few hours to a week before I have to do it again. It's just a minor annoyance, and otherwise the unit sounds and performs great, so I've just been living with it. But I thought it was worth a mention.

My firmware is still v1.2.4 so maybe the firmware update will fix it when I get around to installing it.

Comment

• rsc61
                  • Feb 2007

Thanks for the input guys. I have not tried the thump technique yet, will give it a shot. Also going to check my firmware version. Interesting that I am not the only person having this issue.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"