X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soopa
    • May 2003

RSX-1055 to 1057...

Hey folks, long time no talk.

I'm finally starting to get my entertainment gear setup in my new house (after more than a year), and I just picked up my first 1080p television (Sony's KDL-46XBR3).

My local HT shop has a sweet RSX-1057 in stock so I'm about ready to make the switch.

Before I do, a couple questions. One, can the 1057 handle switching of 1080p over HDMI? Also, what's the average going rate for used 1055's these days?

Thanks guys. Looking forward to being an up-to-speed Rotelian again! :lol:

P.S., is Rock Dog still around here?
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

If you have not already made up your mind, you may want to see the other threads here regarding the relative worth of HDMI switching in the 1057.

Some of us feel HDMI switching in itself is not worth the move. You will pick up a few extra features with the 1057 and if it was an issue for you with the 1055, you will have the base management quirks ironed out if you never applied the fixes. However, unless you really have to have these features, you might find more effective places to spend your money - especially when you consider your new TV has 3 HDMI inputs and HDMI is still a work in progress thus far not quite living up to expectations. I don't know if the 1057 will get you more up to speed. It will get you the latest version but from a practical standpoint, what are you gaining?

Other areas I would look at if you have not already done so:
    room acoustic treatment
    out board amp for 1055, mains or all 5
    sub or speaker improvements
    the list goes on and on....

Not trying to say the 1057 wouldn't be nice to have - just hate to see people spend money with liitle added benefit. Of course you may completely disagree with me. In that case, enjoy your new 1057.

Comment

• soopa
      • May 2003

makes perfect sense. good to know i'm not missing much beyond HDMI support. although less cables would be nice...

distance from screen to equipmen makes running HDMI direct to set nearly as expensive as the upgrade to the 1057! haha.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"