X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marano
    • May 2006

Rsx-1057

I'm thinking about getting a Rotel RSX-1057 or possibly a used 1056 (don't need HDMI switching) to replace my Pioneer Elite VSX-21. Is anyone using this receiver with the B&W 600 series speakers, if so how do you like it? Also will the 75 watts per channel from the 1057 be sufficient enough to power the 700 series or 800 series if I choose to upgrade in the future?
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

I have the 1056. Plenty of power for my Martin Logan Aeons in a small room. Enough for 700 series in most instances, but not enough for 800 series. Get a 1080 amp to drive L-R, and you should be good to go.

Comment

• marano
      • May 2006

As long as it will drive my 602's, 601's, LCR60, and ASW600 sub that I just bought without a problem that will be fine. I was just thinking that if I moved to the 700 series or 800 series in the far future if it will have enough oomph to drive them but it doesn't really matter since by that time I'll probably want a new receiver with the latest decoders anyway and I can always just add a amp like you suggested.

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

It'd depend on which 700's you wanted to drive. Personally, I'd be looking toward the 1075 to power the 700 series (that's based on personal experience and living with 703's for a year).

Comment

• IntegrateMe
          • May 2004

It seems that Equity envisions the 1056 to be used with the 600 series and the 1067 with the 700 series.

The lower end 800's are typically paired with a 1077 or 1095, while the 802 and up are always mated with Classe electronics.

Comment

• marano
            • May 2006

Good to know

Comment

• djseto
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by shadow
              I have the 1056. Plenty of power for my Martin Logan Aeons in a small room. Enough for 700 series in most instances, but not enough for 800 series. Get a 1080 amp to drive L-R, and you should be good to go.

I disagree. I picked up my 1057 this past Friday. It drives my 804s L/R and my HTM4 Center just fine. I am using my 602's as rears and it does just fine. I am in a condo, so my living room isnt huge (14x20), but I am about 9 feet from the fronts and its more than loud enough for movies and music. I love the 1057 and I love my 804s even more!

Comment

• shadow
                • Dec 2003

Volume is not the issue. A 1080 will drive 8 series cleaner and to louder levels than a 1057. The differences are not extraordinary, but worth the money in my opinion.

Comment

• marano
                  • May 2006

Well I just purchased the 600 series speakers (2 x 602s3's, 2 x 601 s3's, LCR60, and a ASW600 sub if anyone is interested) so I don't think I will be upgrading anytime soon. I was just curious if I went for the 1057 and down the line decided to upgrade to the 700 or 800 series (since that seems to be the next logical step) if I would have to replace the 1057 right away or if I can get away with it until I save up for something better.

Comment

• Blindamood
                    • Sep 2003

Marano, you've got a great setup there, and that receiver should serve you well for quite some time. If nothing else, you could always add an external amp (e.g., RMB-1075) down the road if you need more power.
                    Brad

Comment

• marano
                      • May 2006

Thanks. I don't have the receiver yet but will be purchasing it soon (I still have the Pioneer Elite VSX-21). I was thinking of the same thing with the amp if I ever needed more power.

Comment

• Russ L
                        • Jul 2006

I replaced my Yamaha RX-757 Surr. Receiver with the Rotel RSX-1057 and my DM 602s changed completely. They were good before and now they are unbelievable! Can't wait till I get the rest of the speakers. Going for the same setup as you. Just wait...you will be very happy. Russ
                        Russ

Comment

• marano
                          • May 2006

I demo'd the 602's on a 1057 and can definitely tell that there is something missing when they are hooked up to my Pioneer Elite so I am eager to get the Rotel. Plus the Pioneer's crossover can only be set at 100hz, I think you can actually set the crossovers for each speaker on the Rotel.

Comment

• marano
                            • May 2006

Ordered the RSX-1057 today, unfortunately they didn't have any in stock but it should be here by the end of next week along with my new HD-DVD player so it should be a real fun weekend.

Comment

• yourtoys7
                              • Feb 2006

It only took 6 weeks for my rsx-1057 :>, got it on friday.
                              Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                              PSB T6,
                              Velodyne SPL 1000R
                              Rotel RSX-1057
                              Rotel RB-1070
                              OPPO 103
                              Apple TV
                              [

Comment

• marano
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by yourtoys7
                                It only took 6 weeks for my rsx-1057 :>, got it on friday.
                                From what my dealer said Rotel actually had no stock themselves, so I can definitely see the six week wait.

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                  • Feb 2006

I guess the initial first batch was shipped out and few people got it, this the second batch. Not shure why they running short on them, my dealer only recieved 2 and both been spoker for weeks in advance.
                                  Marano!
                                  Has you dealer gave you the price on it? Right before they came in, dealler called me and stated that the price is 1500. not 1300. as he quated. I did mentioned to him that few people got it for 1300. on this forum and if it 1500. I won't take anything (I got B&W 804S), so he gave for 1300. + discount that original stated.
                                  I google for 1057 and it does come 1500. as retail price, so I don't no what the price is....... anyone can confirm.
                                  Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                  PSB T6,
                                  Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                  Rotel RSX-1057
                                  Rotel RB-1070
                                  OPPO 103
                                  Apple TV
                                  [

Comment

• marano
                                    • May 2006

Marano!
                                    Has you dealer gave you the price on it? Right before they came in, dealler called me and stated that the price is 1500. not 1300. as he quated. I did mentioned to him that few people got it for 1300. on this forum and if it 1500. I won't take anything (I got B&W 804S), so he gave for 1300. + discount that original stated.
                                    I google for 1057 and it does come 1500. as retail price, so I don't no what the price is....... anyone can confirm.
                                    Yes I did get a price (paid much less than $1300) and paid in full already, I'll let you know if there is any change in pricing. BTW isn't the 1057 a bit under powered for the 804S? or do you have a additional amp hooked up (1075, 1095)?

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                      • Feb 2006

It is under powered. I have been reading this site for 1.5 years and time to time people mentioned to start from speakers and built on... My next purchase would be amp. (Mac.252 or Bryston 4B-SST + HTM S 3).
                                      Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                      PSB T6,
                                      Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                      Rotel RSX-1057
                                      Rotel RB-1070
                                      OPPO 103
                                      Apple TV
                                      [

Comment

• marano
                                        • May 2006

It is under powered. I have been reading this site for 1.5 years and time to time people mentioned to start from speakers and built on... My next purchase would be amp. (Mac.252 or Bryston 4B-SST + HTM S 3).
                                        A work in progress...I can understand that. I'm in the same situation but I'm probably trying to get to where you were before you bought the 804's (what did you have before them anyway?). I used to have crappy Sony MF and MB speakers which have now been replaced with B&W 602's, 601's, LCR60 and ASW600 sub, my aging Pioneer Elite receiver and Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD Player should be replaced with the Rotel RSX-1057 and Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player by the end of next week and then all I have left is to replace my 42" HD CRT Rear Projection TV which I'm thinking about going with a 46" Samsung or Sony HD LCD in September/October for.

Comment

• Elvis
                                          • Jan 2005

I had a 1056,unless you have very eff. speakers you'll want an ext amp,at least up front.If however you do have very eff. speakers the 1056 has suff.power,great avr.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • Oct 2002

The 1057 was and still is $1300US retail, in the US. $1500 or more Canadian makes since at the current pricing structure.

Kevin D.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                              • Apr 2006

Rotel RSX 1057 is $1899 Canadian. I had a good discount from my dealer. Very nice receiver indeed. Hope you guy's enjoy it. :T

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                                • Feb 2006

Kevin D.
                                                I'm refering to usd. pricing, I have family in law in USA, everything I get is from US.

marano
                                                I used to have JMlab all around, still do for center, sub., surround., Rotel 1068/ 1075 but let almost everything go for 804S + 1057. I got really good price for 1068/ 1075 as they are very expencive in canada.
                                                Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                                PSB T6,
                                                Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                                Rotel RSX-1057
                                                Rotel RB-1070
                                                OPPO 103
                                                Apple TV
                                                [

Comment

• marano
                                                  • May 2006

Got the Rotel today :B . Overall there was a noticeable difference in the sound, it definitely sounded clearer and more natural. There was no change in price, the discount was given from the $1300 MSRP.

Comment

• nikos
                                                    • Dec 2005

I waited forever for my 1057 (part due to dealer mixup) got a hefty discount off the $1300 so no complaints there...

I like its sound, though I've never heard it through its own amps...mine goes straight to the RMB-1077...

Enjoy.

nikos
                                                    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• lmib
                                                      • Jul 2004

Hi Nikos,

This would be a very interesting comparison between the internal amps and the 1077. By the way how big is the difference to the RSX1055 ? Is it time to upgrade or would it be better to add a RMB1075, a RMB1077 or a RMB1095 ?

I'm interested in any suggestion.

CiaĆ³ lmib
                                                      lmib

Comment

• marano
                                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by nikos
                                                        I waited forever for my 1057 (part due to dealer mixup) got a hefty discount off the $1300 so no complaints there...

I like its sound, though I've never heard it through its own amps...mine goes straight to the RMB-1077...

Enjoy.

nikos
                                                        I'll go the seperate amp route sooner or later but right now I'm just enjoying the 1057 as is. :T

Comment

• nikos
                                                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by lmib
                                                          Hi Nikos,

This would be a very interesting comparison between the internal amps and the 1077. By the way how big is the difference to the RSX1055 ? Is it time to upgrade or would it be better to add a RMB1075, a RMB1077 or a RMB1095 ?

I'm interested in any suggestion.

CiaĆ³ lmib
                                                          Any tests would be very impractical due to all the wiring and tight fit (read= not going to be doing that anytime soon) The comparison results my guess is that would be apples and oranges reading the comparisson between the 1095 and 1077... as a pre it has served me well so far. This was a piece that was bought just to keep me connected until the newer units release.

I'm not familiar with the RSX 1055, so I can't tell you how much it has improved sonically as far as the hardware used...but I can more surely say that the 1055 will not have the latest DTS, Neo6 etc DACs...

If you're considering upgrading WAIT....for the 1068 replacement or the 1058...<= this promises to have support for the latest digital formats HDMI scalling and switching capabilities etc...

Nikos
                                                          Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

Working...
                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                          Search Result for "|||"