X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorsportnut
    • Mar 2004

1068 and transcoding issue with DVL-91

Hi All,
    I just upgraded to a 1068 a while back and had an issue that I hoped someone in the forum could answer. I have a Pioneer DVL-91 combo DVD/LD player which I wanted to connect via component video only. When I play a DVD everything is OK. When I play a LaserDisc the DVL-91 shuts off the component video in the DVL-91 and uses the Svideo or composite outputs to display the picture. Unfortunatley the RSP1068 does not switch the Svideo or composite signal out to its component video output. I still see the greyscale image that comes out the component video output.

Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour before? I was hoping not to have to run a separate svideo cable to my TV and have everything go out via the component video connection.

Dale
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I have a similar problem with my digital cable box and audio. I was hoping to connect both the analog audio and digital audio outputs of my digital box to my 1066 and have it default to analog unless it detected a digital signal. Unfortunately the digital box outputs a base signal on the digital connection and as such the 1066 can't tell the difference between it and a real signal so it stays on the digital input even though nothing is really there :?

We can blame our stupid sources for this problem

I assume that's the same proplem you're having. You're 1068 is still receiving the "greyscale" signal on the component in and as such see's no need to switch to the "lesser" input. The way I got a round it was to set two different inputs (ie: Cable and D-Cable). You'll have to set two inputs (ie: DVD and LD)

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• motorsportnut
      • Mar 2004

Thanks Jason,
      I was afraid that this might be the case. Since their is a signal of some sort the 1068 sees no need to switch. So I guess I need to find a way to turn off the signal or just run a second cable to the TV. The latter being the simplest solution (needing to re-program my remote yet again).

I sure love the 1068. It is a major improvement over the RSP980 it replaced. Both sonically and ease of use. The 980 had to be manually set for 5.1 mode! It was remote challenged.

Dale

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Are you not using the 1068 for switching and converting everything to component?

If you are you just have to set up the component input as a "DVD Player" and the S-Video input as "LD Player". Just make the 1068 think they're two seperate units.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• motorsportnut
          • Mar 2004

Yes, I was wanting to only have a single component video connection to my Sony TV and have the 1068 transcode or upconvert when needed.

So what you are recommending is to connect an S-video or composite cable from the DVL-91 to a different input on the 1068 when viewing LD's?

Dale

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"